July 10, 2010

Jo and Ray in town

Joanne and Rayhan have been in town this past week and I met up with them several times, in fact I saw her 4 days in a row!

On Monday after a check-up at KKH, I found out she was nearby at United Square so I popped by to say 'hi' and buy some groceries at the same time. Found her at the Cotton On Kids stocking up on clothes for Ray and I bought some things for Natasha as well. We went to a couple of other shops before parting ways.

On Tuesday, she shopped at Vivo with Tsolmon and Alistair and swung by in the evening to see Nat and Sasha. Swana and Gigi were here too, and Nitya and Anaya dropped in for a while, so there were 5 kids in the house and whenever we have an influx of babies and toddlers, I dub the house 'Mita-ssori'.





On Wednesday, we brought the bubbas to the Bird Park together with Tsolmon and Nitya. Thank goodness Nat co-operated by sitting in the stroller most of the time or walking on her own since I was alone and I think she enjoyed herself.




Didn't really take in all the exhibits, but managed to catch the Birds and Buddies show, view the Lory Loft, the waterfall, penguins, some flamingos and ride the monorail. The Bird Park isn't a very stroller-friendly attraction with limited ramps and lots of steps. Had lunch at the Bongo Burger, where Nat and Anaya hammed it up for the camera.








On Thursday afternoon, I met Jo and Tsolmon again at Tanglin Mall. Ray had an unfortunate accident in the baby care room in a split second while Joanne turned away to wash her hands. His hand fell through a dustbin swing door which was part of the changing table and he hit his face. His cheek got severely pinched and he had a small cut on his eyelid.

Not taking any chances, we brought him to a clinic that was just outside the room, where the doctor cleaned his wound and checked him thoroughly. Coincidentally, the doctor is the brother of the pediatrician we bring Nat to sometimes at Crown Centre. Poor baby, I shudder to think about how close he came a serious eye injury but he was laughing away in no time and we proceeded to check out the Zara sale at Liat Towers.

This morning we met again for a final time before she departs tomorrow. Had breakfast at East Coast KFC and Germaine and Ginny even woke up early for the occasion. Or rather, Joanne gave them a very effective wake-up call! Jane, Albert and Ethan also joined us and we were so noisy inside the restaurant.




Midway, Nick brought Nat to the beach to play with her sandcastle kit before he rushed off for a football tournament down the road. The rest of us then strolled along the beach for a while before cooling off at Carl's Jr. It was soooo hot today, Natasha was melting!

No comments: