December 1, 2008

Baby boom

We were double-booked for lunch yesterday, we each had a friend celebrating their baby's one month. I had committed to my ex-colleague Yvonne for lunch because Nick thought his friend's celebration was tea-time but they both turned out to be from 12-2pm.

So off we went to Loyang first for his ex-classmate Stuart's second child's party. They named the boy Preston. His elder sister Portia is seen here with Nat.

Thereafter we had a long ride to Bukit Batok for baby Chloe's party. Managed to catch up with Caren who will be leaving for Sydney and a new posting at Optus come the new year...so exciting!





This year really felt like a boom year for babies. I know of at least 17 births this year from friends, acquaintances and relatives, let me recount:

Girls:

Me, Swana, Ee Mian, JJ, Joyce, Praveena, Nitya, Komathi, Samir, Sylvia

Boys:

Desmond, Lynette, Michelle, Maryann, Stuart, Raymond, Erlina

And I know of quite a number of couples aiming for babies next year, everyone's at that age. On the down side, a number of friends also had unsuccessful pregnancies this year and last, I personally know of 9. So sad...

No comments: