I'm still full from dinner last night, had Jumbo Seafood with Nick along with his colleague Miranda from Perth and her husband David. David and Miranda were here on transit during their honeymoon, moving on to Bintan today after visiting India last week.
I was a bit apprehensive at first because I was worried we'd run out of things to talk about, having not met them before. But I had nothing to worry about because the conversation flowed freely and they were both quite chatty. At least I could reminisce about my Perth visit last year.
Come to think of it, I think Perth would be an ideal place to bring Nat on her first proper holiday, the flight is relatively short and it's scenic enough and I can still shop. I know I said no holidays till she was much older but I would like to make use of infant fare before she turns 2! Anywhere will do!
Anyway, back to dinner. Miranda wanted to try chili crabs and at first we were going to bring them to Sin Hoi Sai but decided to try Jumbo instead since it was just around the corner from their hotel at Merchant Court.
I ordered the set menu for 4 because we could try a little of everything and it was pretty good value for money at $128++. Came with an appetizer platter comprising scallops in yam rings, deep fried baby squid, jellyfish and a nonya duck salad - everything was good!
Plus, there was prawns coated with salted egg yolk, chili crab, broccoli with conpoy and crabmeat, seafood mee goreng and honeydew sago. In total 6 courses at about $32++ per head. Not bad eh? And everything tasted delish, no compromises on standard.
We ordered an additional black pepper crab that came in less than 15 mins, it was drier than the thick, black gravy kind you get elsewhere but it was yummy too, somewhat buttery.
After a dinner like that, we had to walk it off a bit and showed them around Clarke Quay before taking a quick drive through Orchard to see the lights, followed by drinks at Timbre 1. Spotted Ajen and John, and Jack and Rai were performing with EIC. David and Miranda were impressed by them. Apparently you can't get free live music in Perth bars without paying exorbitant cover charges.
When Timbre co-owner Danny came over to say hi to Nick, he found out our guests were Perthlings and chatted with them a bit, or rather shouted since the music was so loud! Danny used to live in Perth and play music there so they talked about obscure Australian musicians and he confessed that Timbre was partly inspired by Fremantle.
I must say it was quite a lovely evening, I'm sure I'll have another lovely one tonight, am meeting JGR for dinner at Great World...so much for being on a diet!
I was a bit apprehensive at first because I was worried we'd run out of things to talk about, having not met them before. But I had nothing to worry about because the conversation flowed freely and they were both quite chatty. At least I could reminisce about my Perth visit last year.
Come to think of it, I think Perth would be an ideal place to bring Nat on her first proper holiday, the flight is relatively short and it's scenic enough and I can still shop. I know I said no holidays till she was much older but I would like to make use of infant fare before she turns 2! Anywhere will do!
Anyway, back to dinner. Miranda wanted to try chili crabs and at first we were going to bring them to Sin Hoi Sai but decided to try Jumbo instead since it was just around the corner from their hotel at Merchant Court.
I ordered the set menu for 4 because we could try a little of everything and it was pretty good value for money at $128++. Came with an appetizer platter comprising scallops in yam rings, deep fried baby squid, jellyfish and a nonya duck salad - everything was good!
Plus, there was prawns coated with salted egg yolk, chili crab, broccoli with conpoy and crabmeat, seafood mee goreng and honeydew sago. In total 6 courses at about $32++ per head. Not bad eh? And everything tasted delish, no compromises on standard.
We ordered an additional black pepper crab that came in less than 15 mins, it was drier than the thick, black gravy kind you get elsewhere but it was yummy too, somewhat buttery.
After a dinner like that, we had to walk it off a bit and showed them around Clarke Quay before taking a quick drive through Orchard to see the lights, followed by drinks at Timbre 1. Spotted Ajen and John, and Jack and Rai were performing with EIC. David and Miranda were impressed by them. Apparently you can't get free live music in Perth bars without paying exorbitant cover charges.
When Timbre co-owner Danny came over to say hi to Nick, he found out our guests were Perthlings and chatted with them a bit, or rather shouted since the music was so loud! Danny used to live in Perth and play music there so they talked about obscure Australian musicians and he confessed that Timbre was partly inspired by Fremantle.
I must say it was quite a lovely evening, I'm sure I'll have another lovely one tonight, am meeting JGR for dinner at Great World...so much for being on a diet!
1 comment:
your blog is very good......
Post a Comment