The first trimester is officially over, I am 13 weeks now.
Unfortunately, my appetite hasn't returned to normal - by normal I mean being able to eat my regular favourite foods. Am still consuming unhealthy burgers, char kway teow, char tow kway, lasagnas and when I feel blah, it's plain noodle soups without any meat. The other day I had a kiam chye soup and it was heavenly, all that sourness. Am still burpy, and eating way too much instant food, somehow I prefer Campbell soup and Maggi mee over home cooked food!
Had a scan earlier today, two scans in fact. First the routine one with the doctor where Nike waved at us, saying 'Hi Mommy!', followed by a detailed scan to check for down syndrome features.



Nike has grown to about 6 cm and everything seems to be in order. Couldn't tell the sex yet, but my doctor suspects a boy...he thought he saw the faint beginnings of a pee-pee. But then while doing the other ultrasound, the professor there said don't get my hopes up because the genitals are still forming, and even if something is sticking out now, it could retract and form the female bits.
Anyway, for my age, the chances of down syndrome were 1 in 500+ births, but after the scan, my odds improved considerably to 1 in 2200+ because the baby had a clear nose bridge and the neck thickness was within the normal range, phew!
I've put on about 1 kg so far, clothes are starting to get snug around the middle but am not big enough to bring out my maternity wardrobe just yet. Nick is in Sydney at the moment, he's missed all the doctor appointments to date. Next appointment is end of the month, hope Nike flashes us then!
Unfortunately, my appetite hasn't returned to normal - by normal I mean being able to eat my regular favourite foods. Am still consuming unhealthy burgers, char kway teow, char tow kway, lasagnas and when I feel blah, it's plain noodle soups without any meat. The other day I had a kiam chye soup and it was heavenly, all that sourness. Am still burpy, and eating way too much instant food, somehow I prefer Campbell soup and Maggi mee over home cooked food!
Had a scan earlier today, two scans in fact. First the routine one with the doctor where Nike waved at us, saying 'Hi Mommy!', followed by a detailed scan to check for down syndrome features.
Nike has grown to about 6 cm and everything seems to be in order. Couldn't tell the sex yet, but my doctor suspects a boy...he thought he saw the faint beginnings of a pee-pee. But then while doing the other ultrasound, the professor there said don't get my hopes up because the genitals are still forming, and even if something is sticking out now, it could retract and form the female bits.
Anyway, for my age, the chances of down syndrome were 1 in 500+ births, but after the scan, my odds improved considerably to 1 in 2200+ because the baby had a clear nose bridge and the neck thickness was within the normal range, phew!
I've put on about 1 kg so far, clothes are starting to get snug around the middle but am not big enough to bring out my maternity wardrobe just yet. Nick is in Sydney at the moment, he's missed all the doctor appointments to date. Next appointment is end of the month, hope Nike flashes us then!
No comments:
Post a Comment