Nick's cousin Tim, who was best man at our wedding got married today to his girlfriend Shirley at the Regent Hotel.
I wore a Zara maxi dress I've been waiting for the right occasion for. Had to alter the length during lunchtime because I forgot until the last minute how long it was.

Uncle Alvin's sons Daniel and Chris had come to town for the wedding too. I had not met Chris as he couldn't enter this country till after he turned 21, so it was nice to finally meet him, since we are FB friends! The brothers look so much alike!


We didn't bring Nat as she was coughing and had a fever and everyone was asking where she was and disappointed to know she wasn't there!
Food was so-so, actually a tad disappointing but then again it could be my tastebuds which are currently out of whack. I found the table seating weird too, because all of Nick's relatives were split up across the ballroom and not grouped together. We sat with some cousins at the 'young' table away from the rest, and had fun commenting on what people wore. It was like Fashion Police, there was so many faux pas!
There was a girl in gladiator boots we nicknamed Ms Sparta, there was a not-so-slim lady in a short printed dress and ankle boots which didn't do anything for her legs. But the piece de resistance was a friend of the bride I think, who wore a very bridal-looking evening gown. In fact, before dinner started, I thought for a moment she was the bride, but then she had no make-up on! Couldn't resist showing you what I mean...kinda steals the thunder from the bride no?


It was Aunty Susan's birthday (mother of the groom) and the whole ballroom spontaneously broke out into 'Happy Birthday' when Tim mentioned it in his speech. That's her in the floral dress, I'm biased to her outfit, since I helped her pick the fabric at Spotlight...we both love floral prints!





I wore a Zara maxi dress I've been waiting for the right occasion for. Had to alter the length during lunchtime because I forgot until the last minute how long it was.

Uncle Alvin's sons Daniel and Chris had come to town for the wedding too. I had not met Chris as he couldn't enter this country till after he turned 21, so it was nice to finally meet him, since we are FB friends! The brothers look so much alike!


We didn't bring Nat as she was coughing and had a fever and everyone was asking where she was and disappointed to know she wasn't there!
Food was so-so, actually a tad disappointing but then again it could be my tastebuds which are currently out of whack. I found the table seating weird too, because all of Nick's relatives were split up across the ballroom and not grouped together. We sat with some cousins at the 'young' table away from the rest, and had fun commenting on what people wore. It was like Fashion Police, there was so many faux pas!
There was a girl in gladiator boots we nicknamed Ms Sparta, there was a not-so-slim lady in a short printed dress and ankle boots which didn't do anything for her legs. But the piece de resistance was a friend of the bride I think, who wore a very bridal-looking evening gown. In fact, before dinner started, I thought for a moment she was the bride, but then she had no make-up on! Couldn't resist showing you what I mean...kinda steals the thunder from the bride no?


It was Aunty Susan's birthday (mother of the groom) and the whole ballroom spontaneously broke out into 'Happy Birthday' when Tim mentioned it in his speech. That's her in the floral dress, I'm biased to her outfit, since I helped her pick the fabric at Spotlight...we both love floral prints!




No comments:
Post a Comment