October 18, 2009

Deepavali 09

My little Bollywood baby was spoiled for choice on what to wear for Deepavali but we finally settled on a halter lengha before she outgrows it.




This year's Deepavali was quite low key, we had lunch at Kavi and Siva's house, where Nat once again screamed before entering the house, scared of all the strangers. She calmed down after a while when she saw all the tiny friends she could play with.

Troy, Luke and Marc are so big now, and a lot more mature, not to mention handsome. They'll be heartbreakers when they're older. Riley, Sarah and Nat loved Lukey and fawned over him like some groupies, Nat even sat on his lap and inspected his teeth at one point!



Nat also loves Ananya, she's always asking for 'nanya baby' and was glad to spend some time bonding with her cousin in the cot.



In the evening, we went to the folks' house where Ma was busy preparing for today. The house is so not baby-friendly, Nat and Gigi were wandering all over the place, opening cupboard doors and grabbing statues.


There was a mini open-house at the folks' place today. On the menu were the usual favourites of nasi minyak with dalchar, fried chicken wings, sambal prawns, raita, brinjal masala etc, mmmm....



Swana's in-laws came over for lunch, and my in-laws came over for dinner, along with Uncle Alvin, although I think the food might have been too spicy for him!




I was in pain throughout the day though, somehow I managed to sprain my neck whilst brushing Nat's teeth the night before, she leaned over the sink when I wasn't ready. Clumsy, I know!

No comments: