December 17, 2009

Countdown to Xmas

Today was the start of my leave, don't have to work till after Christmas...yay!

Went to Vivo in the morning with Nat and Arlyn but we didn't have time to walk around much before it was time to meet Nick for lunch. Took a cab to his office and showed Nat off to some of his colleagues before we had lunch at Han's.

She loves wearing her sunglasses now even though they're too big for her!




In the evening I met some of my colleagues for a pre-Christmas dinner at The White Rabbit in Dempsey. We never socialize outside of work so the get-together was a good step towards changing the culture in the office.

I had a white sangria, it was yum and for my appetiser, I tried the lobster chowder (a tad salty, but love the crunch). Main course was the wild mushroom risotto, which was nice too but I was actually already full before it arrived, having helped myself to generous portions of their mac and cheese and mashed potato which we ordered as sides, plus 2 bread rolls! Still managed to finish everything though and try a little of the 3 desserts we shared - warm chocolate cake, creme brulee and carrot cake.



Towards the end, my colleague's sister and her husband joined us. They were down from Paris and coincidentally she is friends with a guy who tried to pick me up once in bar ages ago - saw him on my colleague's friends list on Facebook! Small world!

No comments: