December 16, 2009

A Wendy's downstairs

There was a surprise in store when I went back to work on Monday. A Wendy's had opened at Lau Pa Sat, making it the nearest fast food outlet to the office, just cross 1 traffic light and I'm there. I remember we had Wendy's here a long, long time ago, it must be over 20 years since I had eaten there.


Couldn't resist trying them out after work, but ended up waiting 30 mins to queue and order, it being the first day of operations and there being lots of operational hiccups. Took away some quarter pounders and a cup of chilli. The chilli was not bad, the burgers were alright too (the meat patties were square) but I think I prefer BK's Whopper!

Will probably be eating there on a regular basis from now on, but I think it's going to be perpetually crowded at lunch time.

Saw this funny ad today on the back of a cab, sure gets your attention!

No comments: