December 21, 2009

Definitely Girl

Went for my 24-week scan today with Nick and the munchkin and Arlyn - who found Dr Siow handsome!

This time Nat didn't cry upon seeing the doctor but instead amused him by saying 'No more monkeys jumping on the bed!', as that's what the doctor says in her current favourite nursery rhyme.

Everything appeared fine on the scan, Nike was sleeping I think but you could make out her face...looks a bit like Gigi! And looks on the chubby side to me! I made the doctor reconfirm the sex after a couple of people told me of scans showing up the wrong sex and it was definitely girl.


I've put on about 4kgs now and can't see my feet when standing anymore. The stomach is definitely bigger than the last time, must be all the brownies I've been consuming in the last couple of weeks! I really should try to eat more healthily, I owe it to Nike.

Joanne gave me a book called 'Skinny Bitch - Bun in the Oven' and it really opened my eyes about all the junk we consume, thanks to the straight-talking authors. I know we shouldn't believe everything we read but there were some arguments raised that seem to make sense and facts and quotes about ingredients shadily approved by the US FDA.

I knew that aspartame was bad but the book put into perspective just how bad. Plus, I'm apparently not missing out on much by not drinking milk, which actually speeds up bone deterioration instead of aiding it. According to the authors, we don't need milk...or rather there are other sources of calcium which are better for us. Humans are the only species that drink the milk of another species, plus other animals don't feed their offspring milk when they're no longer babies so why should we? Think about it.

Went to explore 313 Somerset after the appointment, bought a top and some belts from Forever 21. I like 313!


There was a free photo-taking session with Santa Claus sponsored by Canon and Nat said she wanted to meet Santa, but froze when presented to him! We took a photo nonetheless and then had lunch at Food Republic. Recognised some SingTel folks at the food court and we bumped into Stephen Tan from SES. He's aged...but then again, so have we!

No comments: