3 out of the 5 Spice Girls (or as Kavi calls them, The Spicy Girls) met at Sentosa today. We thought we better go before the entrance fees go up.
As usual, the Lims were the first ones to arrive with the Dopes and Jays arriving an hour later.
Nat was a 'fraidy cat, refusing to step on the sand without her shoes on. She played in the sand with her Daddy and when her 'kakis' came she was reluctant to get into the fountain area because it was too cold.




Riley wore an itsy bitsy green polka dot bikini and is a typical water baby. She had no qualms about getting wet, unlike my daughter and soon Gigi was in on the fun after protesting in the beginning...Swana got drenched carrying the babies!

There was a sight for sore eyes in the form of a middle-aged man wearing high-waisted clingy trunks/shorts that left little to the imagination. Eeew.
I brought some tuna to make sandwiches, plus chips and drinks while Jeanette made banana bread with cream cheese frosting. Yum! We bought some snacks from Koufu but didn't really have lunch.
After the babies had their fill of water and sand, we fed them their lunches. Nat and Gigi weren't too keen on their rice and soup once they saw Riley having fishball noodles. They got to try a bit, Jeanette had ordered without some of the oils and sauces but it was still tasty enough for the bubbas. Nat kept saying, "I want some more noodles".



Showering the babies was a logistical challenge, we formed a production line. Since Swana was already wet, she did the soaping and shampoo-ing, with Jeanette assisting to press the faucet and hand her stuff. I did the drying and changing. Riley and Gigi were ok with the cold water after a while, but Nat was a handful - squirming and wriggling. A bit 'kuniang', that one!
After Sentosa, everyone headed back to our house to hang a bit more. Riley enjoyed Nat's slide and no one wanted to nap, although we managed to make Nat sleep for an hour. Tapau-ed food from Everton and thereafter went over the Papa's house. Aunty Gowri, Aunty Susi and Aunty Devi were visiting Aunty Sarda and in the evening, Aunty Amy arrived from Seremban. It was nice to see all the aunties.


Nat slept rather early so Nick and I met the Dopes and Nathans for a late dinner at Tiong Bahru market. I was sooooo looking forward to having a plate of Hong Heng's hokkien mee and asked Swana to order for me as we were reaching. She declined because she was in the middle of her meal and noted that the stall was still open, however barely 5 mins later when we parked - we saw the shop packing up. I of course gave Swana the evil eye for depriving me of my hokkien mee!
As usual, the Lims were the first ones to arrive with the Dopes and Jays arriving an hour later.
Nat was a 'fraidy cat, refusing to step on the sand without her shoes on. She played in the sand with her Daddy and when her 'kakis' came she was reluctant to get into the fountain area because it was too cold.
Riley wore an itsy bitsy green polka dot bikini and is a typical water baby. She had no qualms about getting wet, unlike my daughter and soon Gigi was in on the fun after protesting in the beginning...Swana got drenched carrying the babies!
There was a sight for sore eyes in the form of a middle-aged man wearing high-waisted clingy trunks/shorts that left little to the imagination. Eeew.
I brought some tuna to make sandwiches, plus chips and drinks while Jeanette made banana bread with cream cheese frosting. Yum! We bought some snacks from Koufu but didn't really have lunch.
After the babies had their fill of water and sand, we fed them their lunches. Nat and Gigi weren't too keen on their rice and soup once they saw Riley having fishball noodles. They got to try a bit, Jeanette had ordered without some of the oils and sauces but it was still tasty enough for the bubbas. Nat kept saying, "I want some more noodles".
Showering the babies was a logistical challenge, we formed a production line. Since Swana was already wet, she did the soaping and shampoo-ing, with Jeanette assisting to press the faucet and hand her stuff. I did the drying and changing. Riley and Gigi were ok with the cold water after a while, but Nat was a handful - squirming and wriggling. A bit 'kuniang', that one!
After Sentosa, everyone headed back to our house to hang a bit more. Riley enjoyed Nat's slide and no one wanted to nap, although we managed to make Nat sleep for an hour. Tapau-ed food from Everton and thereafter went over the Papa's house. Aunty Gowri, Aunty Susi and Aunty Devi were visiting Aunty Sarda and in the evening, Aunty Amy arrived from Seremban. It was nice to see all the aunties.
Nat slept rather early so Nick and I met the Dopes and Nathans for a late dinner at Tiong Bahru market. I was sooooo looking forward to having a plate of Hong Heng's hokkien mee and asked Swana to order for me as we were reaching. She declined because she was in the middle of her meal and noted that the stall was still open, however barely 5 mins later when we parked - we saw the shop packing up. I of course gave Swana the evil eye for depriving me of my hokkien mee!
2 comments:
Hi,
I chance upon your blog and saw the wheelbarrow that your little gal was playing with on the beach. I'm looking for one for my gal too and would like to know where I can get a similar one?
Many thanks!!
Hi,
I bought the set of wheelbarrow and sand toys at a shop in Great World City, on level 2 near the M1 shop. It's somewhere towards the back on the lower shelves, on the left as you enter the shop! Hope this helps!
Post a Comment