January 9, 2010

Spice Girls at Go Go Bambini

Nat, Gigi, Ananya, Riley and Sarah had a play date this morning at Go Go Bambini at Dempsey. It was our first time there but definitely not the last. Nick didn't want to keep anyone waiting and rushed me out of the house but I was like, "These are my cousins. Trust me, they're gonna be late. We're Indian!" True enough we were the first ones there, despite arriving 15 mins past the scheduled meeting time.

Nat had a blast in the padded indoor playground though I had to rely on Nick to bring her around. If I wasn't preggy, I would have gone on the slides and stuff meself!


Being older, Riley and Sarah hung out together while Nat was content to spend a fair bit of time at the ball pits and some of the lower slides. She was also fascinated by some levitating balls. We bumped into my ex-colleague from SingTel, Yvonne, and Nat got to play with her daughter Chloe who was very quiet and shy.




After about 90 mins, it was time to feed the babies the lunches we brought, which we did at their in-house cafe. Nat and Gigi ate without much fuss but Kavi and Siva (who are on the cover of this month's Voices magazine!) had a hard time with Ananya who refused to sit in the high chair and had to be entertained/distracted throughout her meal.


We wanted so much to get a group photo of the girls, but it was impossible to get them to stay still. I've dubbed them the 'Spice Girls' - There's Ananya "Aniseed", Giselle "Ginger", Natalie "Nutmeg", Riley "Rosemary" and Sarah "Saffron"!







We adjourned to House for lunch, none of them had been there before except me and I was 'craving' for some skinny pizza. We shared 3, as well as some burgers and lots of dessert. Everyone except Nick loved the food, give him his mee pok anyday! We ordered about 6 desserts and polished off everything, tried their alcoholic ice cream - Black Russian and Pineapple Malibu...both were yum!






Nat fell asleep midway but woke up after 30 mins crying from a nightmare just as we finished dessert so we left first.

She refused to go back to sleep after that so barely 30 mins after reaching home, we were out again to Joo Chiat to visit an interior decorator's office...looking at making a built-in wardrobe for Nat's room. Walked into an art gallery thereafter called One Piece Painting, drawn by a sign that said 'Sale' and saw some potential pieces that we could consider for our living room. The guy there was very friendly and didn't mind Nat running all over the shop!

Fed her an early dinner once we got home before going out yet again! The plan was to go Kallang via Nicoll Highway but after 'kena-ing' $2 ERP for entering the Marina area, we decided to stay put and ended up at Marina Square instead. The food court was surprisingly quiet, Nat enjoyed the view from the outdoor seating area. I love our skyline!




Nat could point out the Merlion and kept saying she wanted to go there...I think another river taxi ride is on the cards!

Nick went to Carrefour to pick up a few supplies and we managed to convince Nat to sit in the stroller while I browsed the Zara sale. Just holding on to a hangered top was enough to make her comply. She would pull some clothes off the racks and say, "I like this one" or "Nice" when I held something against me. When I showed her a sequined pair of shoes, she said, "So shiny". Am starting her fashion training young...I let her fingers run over some leather and velvet so she learns about different materials!

She crashed in the car on the way home, took a drive down West Coast Highway...roads were clear and she was out like a light! And now it's my turn...

No comments: