January 23, 2010

Men in Tutus

Last night, Swana, Merianne, Kavi, Rachel and I watched Men In Tutus at the Esplanade. Show was so-so, we were seated way up high in Circle 3 so were too far to appreciate the men in tights...could hardly see their faces!

Prior to the show, Rachel, Swana and I had some light bites and drinks at Pierside Kitchen. The bar snacks were reasonably priced but portions tiny, the crab cakes were worth it though. The mini-burgers were the cutest I had seen!







Saw lots of familiar faces at the show, including a SHATEC classmate Shalini who knew Rachel too. Their husbands work together and Shalini was also pregnant! Also bumped into cousin Shyam, his ex-bro in law Thiru; Dennis from a treasury association whom I had only met the night before during an event I had at Novus, plus an ex-classmate from UNISA who was seated in the same row. Small world!


Kavi left right after the show but the rest of us adjourned to Balaclava for a round of drinks. It's been ages since I'd been there last, had myself a strawberry margarita and some quesadillas. I went home once we finished our drinks but the rest went to Clarke Quay.


Nick left for Malacca this morning for a company retreat. I gave him instructions to buy any nice pair of Vincci shoes but am willing to bet he'll come home empty handed!

No comments: