March 8, 2010

35 weeks and counting

Went to see Dr Siow this morning, foregoing the 'live' Oscar telecast to find out what's happening with Nike instead.

Everything seems fine and normal, head is down, placenta's good, plenty of water etc etc. According to this week's estimate, Nike weighs around 2.5kg...that surprised me, just 2 weeks ago she was at 2kg, at this rate she'll be 3ish by the time she's born. I don't think I want to push anything out bigger than 2.8!

She seemed to be sleeping, caught a glimpse of her profile...the nose looks flat, darn. Doc predicts I will pop in 2 weeks and I exclaimed. "What? I'm not ready yet!!!", he pacified me by saying it might be 3 weeks.



I sure hope I make it till my leave actually commences on 27 March, I have a feeling it will be that weekend, though I would dearly love to hit 4th April. because of Easter etc, plus Nat was also on a 4th. There's still so much to do and clear at work because of my procrastinations, and I have yet to prepare for a handover, nor have they found a temp yet.

Still can't quite agree on a name, Nickypoo and Ma like Natasha, I like Norah which has Greek connotations, as it's shortened from 'Eleonora' which means 'honor'. He's prejudiced against Norah though because of a minority community, and I think Natasha is a bit too common plus not as meaningful since it's actually another form of Natalie and I don't want to be confused with 2 Nats in the house.

So we have sorta compromised and more or less agreed on - wait for it - Nikita. Or Nikita Sonali Lim to be precise and Niki for short.

Nikita still fulfills my requirement to have a name with Greek origin, it means 'unconquered' and is derived from 'Nike' which is what I have been calling her from Day 1 anyway.

Sonali means 'golden', a nod to her godmother Swana whose own name 'Suvarna' means the golden one plus if she's a Fire sign, all the more gold would suit! The bonus is that Nikita also sounds like a combination of Nick and Mita...egotistical right?

So there you have it, Nikita Sonali Lim...but then again, we'll wait till she's out and judge her face and personality for a couple of days before confirming!

No comments: