March 30, 2009

Happy birthday Rena!

Nat seems to be a attracting a lot of insects lately, a few days ago a large raised bump appeared from nowhere on her right leg, Arlyn says it looks like an ant bite. A few small bumps appeared elsewhere on her body, and chicken pox crossed my mind but nothing else cropped up after that, though yesterday we found a large mosquito bite on her thigh.


Last week she fell from the bed a second time, this time on my watch. It happened so fast, I had no time to react. While trying to climb down from the bed, she leaned too far on one side and lost her balance and rolled over the edge of the bed before landing on the floor. Poor baby. After Natasha Richardson died from a seemingly harmless fall while skiiing a couple of weeks ago, I was paranoid of head injuries. But she's ok so far.

Met Jane, Germaine and Rena for high-tea on Saturday at Sheraton, in conjunction with Rena's birthday. The spread was mainly local but there was roast turkey and sushi too. I tried the buah keluak fried rice (not enough keluak if you ask me), assam laksa, peking duck, popiah, dim sum etc. The best thing about the buffet I think was dessert, there was durian pengat and warm chocolate cake prepared on demand. Yum...






We had a lovely afternoon sitting by the waterfall, catching up and making plans for a holiday in the second half of the year. I can't wait...really hope it happens!




After lunch, I met Swana and Nick and the babies at Great World. Nick found Nat's shoes tight and immediately wanted to buy her a new pair so we checked out a couple of stores and he pulled a face when I suggested Bata, but that's where he eventually bought her a pair of Bubble Gummers white mary janes. Cheap and good!



Read some shocking news when I checked my Blackberry just now, a senior executive is leaving the company and there's going to be some changes. My future is uncertain again!

No comments: