Am back from Jakarta and happy to report that I did manage to buy some stuff! Yay!
I had given up hope of buying anything, because the malls there that carry the designer and mass market brands are more expensive than home, so I felt no point buying something for the sake of buying.
Still I would have liked to explore the Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, it’s massive! Not so much the shops, but they had several floors dedicated to F&B and each section had a different décor theme reflecting different parts of the world.
I only passed by while checking out the Kempinski hotel, there was a Harvey Nichols I wanted to go to but in the end I decided to use my free time to explore a local mall called Ambassador in Kuningan.
Yes, Kuningan is the area where the 2 bombs went off a couple of weeks ago, so I was a bit apprehensive about going but I figured it had to be safe now. I had asked my local colleague about where to buy factory outlet stuff in Jakarta, even though I know Bandung is THE place to go and she had recommended Ambassador.
I walked for 2 hours on my own, there were lots of shops selling kids clothes from brands like Cherokee, Jumping Beans and Old Navy. I bought Nat and Gigi some stuff, mostly ranging from SGD$5-8 and I ended up with 2 dresses and 1 top for myself that cost between SGD$15-28.



I could have bought more but I only came with a cabin bag and was mindful of the lack of space. I could have put my purchases into the recyclable bag I brought but wanted to be hands-free at the airport…plus am sure you’ll agree, Nat and Gigi have more than enough clothes!
I was excited when I saw an A&W but there were no coney dogs. Just lots of chicken, so I took away a chicken and mango wrap to eat in the comforts of my room. The Dunkin Donuts also held no appeal since there’s an outlet in Singapore now.
I finished off the evening watching ‘Blonde Ambition’ starring Jessica Simpson and ‘Meet the Spartans’ on cable…the latter is soooooooo stupid and cringeworthy!
I had given up hope of buying anything, because the malls there that carry the designer and mass market brands are more expensive than home, so I felt no point buying something for the sake of buying.
Still I would have liked to explore the Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, it’s massive! Not so much the shops, but they had several floors dedicated to F&B and each section had a different décor theme reflecting different parts of the world.
I only passed by while checking out the Kempinski hotel, there was a Harvey Nichols I wanted to go to but in the end I decided to use my free time to explore a local mall called Ambassador in Kuningan.
Yes, Kuningan is the area where the 2 bombs went off a couple of weeks ago, so I was a bit apprehensive about going but I figured it had to be safe now. I had asked my local colleague about where to buy factory outlet stuff in Jakarta, even though I know Bandung is THE place to go and she had recommended Ambassador.
I walked for 2 hours on my own, there were lots of shops selling kids clothes from brands like Cherokee, Jumping Beans and Old Navy. I bought Nat and Gigi some stuff, mostly ranging from SGD$5-8 and I ended up with 2 dresses and 1 top for myself that cost between SGD$15-28.
I could have bought more but I only came with a cabin bag and was mindful of the lack of space. I could have put my purchases into the recyclable bag I brought but wanted to be hands-free at the airport…plus am sure you’ll agree, Nat and Gigi have more than enough clothes!
I was excited when I saw an A&W but there were no coney dogs. Just lots of chicken, so I took away a chicken and mango wrap to eat in the comforts of my room. The Dunkin Donuts also held no appeal since there’s an outlet in Singapore now.
I finished off the evening watching ‘Blonde Ambition’ starring Jessica Simpson and ‘Meet the Spartans’ on cable…the latter is soooooooo stupid and cringeworthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment