We've all been so caught up with our lives that the cousins have not been hanging out of late. All that was rectified this past week when we made it a point to meet a few of them.
Wednesday 29 Jul was Riley's 2nd birthday so on Tuesday night after dinner, me, Swana and Nick popped by Punggol to visit her and drop off her birthday pressie. She was engrossed in her spanking new Play Doh set courtesy of Jeanette and Kaelash but Nat and Gigi did get in some play time. Riley got jealous and didn't want to share her toys or parents much but Nat and Gigi were oblivious to it.



On Wednesday, I finished work late and just as I was leaving work, Swana said she was at Timbre 1 with Kavi and Premmie, so I headed there instead. Had a drink, and saw Premila's new svelte self. She's been working out and losing weight...which reminds me I need to lose 3 more kgs.


John was there too and Merianne who was in the neighbourhood popped by for a bit. Chatted a little with Edward and Danny, and Rai from EIC also came by to say 'hi' to Merianne. He asked after Nick, and just at that moment, Nick happened to call so I let Rai answer. However, Rai was slightly buzzed so he answered in a falsetto which made Nick wonder if he had dialled the right number and he promptly hung up on Rai. Ha ha!
Yesterday, me, Nick, Kevin, Swana and the munchkins had dinner at The Verve as an early birthday celebration. The place was pretty much unchanged from the old Turquoise Room. Some dishes were nice, like the calamari but the pasta was so-so. I actually didn't like the homemade pasta they used...give me Barrilla anyday! I had a crabmeat linguine, they were generous with the crabmeat but I prefer the creamy tomato sauce at Valentino's or the olive oil version at Whitebait & Kale. Their alcoholic gelatos were nice though.



After dinner, me and Nick went to watch 'The Hangover'...it was pretty funny but not too slapstick. Go forth and watch!
There was more feasting this morning as we met Ajen, Vim and Judy for brunch at Casa Verde at Botanical Gardens. It's a casual cafe by Les Amis but I think the breakfasts are not too bad, $12 or $13 for a set of eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrown, salad and juice. The waffles were yum too.



After brunch we walked around a bit, but it was too hot. Nick recently made a new pair of glasses...the white sides stick out like a sore thumb!

Wednesday 29 Jul was Riley's 2nd birthday so on Tuesday night after dinner, me, Swana and Nick popped by Punggol to visit her and drop off her birthday pressie. She was engrossed in her spanking new Play Doh set courtesy of Jeanette and Kaelash but Nat and Gigi did get in some play time. Riley got jealous and didn't want to share her toys or parents much but Nat and Gigi were oblivious to it.



On Wednesday, I finished work late and just as I was leaving work, Swana said she was at Timbre 1 with Kavi and Premmie, so I headed there instead. Had a drink, and saw Premila's new svelte self. She's been working out and losing weight...which reminds me I need to lose 3 more kgs.


John was there too and Merianne who was in the neighbourhood popped by for a bit. Chatted a little with Edward and Danny, and Rai from EIC also came by to say 'hi' to Merianne. He asked after Nick, and just at that moment, Nick happened to call so I let Rai answer. However, Rai was slightly buzzed so he answered in a falsetto which made Nick wonder if he had dialled the right number and he promptly hung up on Rai. Ha ha!
Yesterday, me, Nick, Kevin, Swana and the munchkins had dinner at The Verve as an early birthday celebration. The place was pretty much unchanged from the old Turquoise Room. Some dishes were nice, like the calamari but the pasta was so-so. I actually didn't like the homemade pasta they used...give me Barrilla anyday! I had a crabmeat linguine, they were generous with the crabmeat but I prefer the creamy tomato sauce at Valentino's or the olive oil version at Whitebait & Kale. Their alcoholic gelatos were nice though.



After dinner, me and Nick went to watch 'The Hangover'...it was pretty funny but not too slapstick. Go forth and watch!
There was more feasting this morning as we met Ajen, Vim and Judy for brunch at Casa Verde at Botanical Gardens. It's a casual cafe by Les Amis but I think the breakfasts are not too bad, $12 or $13 for a set of eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrown, salad and juice. The waffles were yum too.



After brunch we walked around a bit, but it was too hot. Nick recently made a new pair of glasses...the white sides stick out like a sore thumb!






No comments:
Post a Comment