My weekend started early, on Thursday to be exact, no thanks to a bout of food poisoning that began that morning. I got ready for work as usual and didn’t pay much attention to the churning in my stomach but it hurt progressively that by towards noon, I was bent over my desk with cramps and fever. Popped by the company doctor and was given 1.5days MC…my weekend had officially started!
On one hand, I was thrilled. On the other, I was too sick to enjoy it, spending the rest of Thursday either in the toilet or bed, buried under the blankets even though I was burning up. The fever broke by evening and I felt considerably better by Friday, which was spent working on my Jakarta post-event report and in the evening, we went to Ikea.
On Saturday morning, I was right as rain and we went to the zoo with Swana, Kevin and Gigi. Don’t think Nat was very impressed with all the animals, she didn’t get excited at any particular exhibits…except some fish and lizards!




Nick was drenched throughout the outing, his t-shirt turned from light blue to a medium blue from his sweat!

I loved the giant tortoises, there was one particular animal that was just massive! And we were treated to some ‘live’ action when a kingfisher we were admiring swooped down to catch a fish, making a big splash right in front of our stroller and getting it all wet with moat-water. Lucky Nat wasn’t sitting in it at the time!




Whilst reading the papers that afternoon, I noticed a couple of errors in the Straits Times. Actually, have been noticing more mistakes of late, but these were such an eyesore. Imagine spelling ‘Bangkok’ wrongly on the front page, and inside I was trying to figure out what ‘sneakiers-mugglers’ were until I realized it should have been ‘sneakier smugglers’.


By the way, Gigi can officially walk unsupported…clever girl, just after 11 months. At night we had dinner with Kevin’s family, it was his dad’s birthday. Ended up at House of Sundanese at Great World. Hadn’t had it in a while, the restaurant was kind of dead but the food exceeded expectations, my favourite bit was the free-flow ondeh-ondeh at the dessert buffet, mmmm….



Kavi joined us for dinner too, after we had finished eating! She had ended up at the wrong mall, heading for Vivo instead of Great World. We went home first since Nat was really cranky, but at 12.30 am, Swana and Kavi came to pick me up and we got some drive-thru McDonalds and sat in her car chatting.
Sunday was National Day. Did a spot of marketing after mass and dinner was spent at AMK. Was feeling a tad patriotic so I wore red, and made Nat wear red too.
I started reading the last Harry Potter book, am a third through…can’t wait to find out how it all ends.
Yesterday I was feeling really blah. Had KFC breakfast at Harbourfront, and Mildred joined us. Thereafter we checked out Om’s furniture warehouse sale at Tai Seng, nothing much though. Popped by Membina for a bit, Kevin left for India yesterday. Oh, remember Nick was supposed to go NZ? He cancelled after coming down with the flu. I was happy for selfish reasons!
I hardly slept from 2 – 7 am this morning. Nat was restless, tossing and turning in her sleep. Tried rocking her, giving milk, soft toys to hug but nothing calmed her down. In the end, we forcefully applied some teething gel and that bought us 4 hours of peace. Her molars are coming!
On one hand, I was thrilled. On the other, I was too sick to enjoy it, spending the rest of Thursday either in the toilet or bed, buried under the blankets even though I was burning up. The fever broke by evening and I felt considerably better by Friday, which was spent working on my Jakarta post-event report and in the evening, we went to Ikea.
On Saturday morning, I was right as rain and we went to the zoo with Swana, Kevin and Gigi. Don’t think Nat was very impressed with all the animals, she didn’t get excited at any particular exhibits…except some fish and lizards!
Nick was drenched throughout the outing, his t-shirt turned from light blue to a medium blue from his sweat!
I loved the giant tortoises, there was one particular animal that was just massive! And we were treated to some ‘live’ action when a kingfisher we were admiring swooped down to catch a fish, making a big splash right in front of our stroller and getting it all wet with moat-water. Lucky Nat wasn’t sitting in it at the time!




Whilst reading the papers that afternoon, I noticed a couple of errors in the Straits Times. Actually, have been noticing more mistakes of late, but these were such an eyesore. Imagine spelling ‘Bangkok’ wrongly on the front page, and inside I was trying to figure out what ‘sneakiers-mugglers’ were until I realized it should have been ‘sneakier smugglers’.


By the way, Gigi can officially walk unsupported…clever girl, just after 11 months. At night we had dinner with Kevin’s family, it was his dad’s birthday. Ended up at House of Sundanese at Great World. Hadn’t had it in a while, the restaurant was kind of dead but the food exceeded expectations, my favourite bit was the free-flow ondeh-ondeh at the dessert buffet, mmmm….



Kavi joined us for dinner too, after we had finished eating! She had ended up at the wrong mall, heading for Vivo instead of Great World. We went home first since Nat was really cranky, but at 12.30 am, Swana and Kavi came to pick me up and we got some drive-thru McDonalds and sat in her car chatting.
Sunday was National Day. Did a spot of marketing after mass and dinner was spent at AMK. Was feeling a tad patriotic so I wore red, and made Nat wear red too.
I started reading the last Harry Potter book, am a third through…can’t wait to find out how it all ends.
Yesterday I was feeling really blah. Had KFC breakfast at Harbourfront, and Mildred joined us. Thereafter we checked out Om’s furniture warehouse sale at Tai Seng, nothing much though. Popped by Membina for a bit, Kevin left for India yesterday. Oh, remember Nick was supposed to go NZ? He cancelled after coming down with the flu. I was happy for selfish reasons!
I hardly slept from 2 – 7 am this morning. Nat was restless, tossing and turning in her sleep. Tried rocking her, giving milk, soft toys to hug but nothing calmed her down. In the end, we forcefully applied some teething gel and that bought us 4 hours of peace. Her molars are coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment