Went to KK last evening for an appointment with my hunky gynae. Ok, he's not exactly hunky but he's handsome, kind of. Anyway, Swana was with me because Nick had a meeting.
Chatted with the doc for a bit, before he conducted an ultrasound and there it was, a blob on the screen with a tiny flicker in the middle - heartbeat of my next offspring, who shall henceforth be called The Blob. I know Nick's going to protest at that, so expect a nickname change.

I didn't feel any emotion at all, just took it in my stride. I think there's less excitement second time round, maybe because it wasn't so much a surprise as Nat, who was definitely not planned. I wouldn't say this one is planned either, but more of a case of 'if it happens, it happens'. And apparently it happened in Greece!
Am 6 weeks along now, next check-up in 2 weeks and due date calculated as Apr 10, which is Nick's birthday! Will I get my wish for an Aries, Tiger son?
The nausea has eased somewhat after I resorted to smaller, frequent meals. Stocked up on a whole bunch of biscuits and nuts, am hungry every 2 hours as per last time. Wonder what it is about the hormones that make you so hungry! I better watch what I eat though, don't want to struggle to lose the weight like last time. Not that I made much effort to lose it in the first place, but still!
Chatted with the doc for a bit, before he conducted an ultrasound and there it was, a blob on the screen with a tiny flicker in the middle - heartbeat of my next offspring, who shall henceforth be called The Blob. I know Nick's going to protest at that, so expect a nickname change.
I didn't feel any emotion at all, just took it in my stride. I think there's less excitement second time round, maybe because it wasn't so much a surprise as Nat, who was definitely not planned. I wouldn't say this one is planned either, but more of a case of 'if it happens, it happens'. And apparently it happened in Greece!
Am 6 weeks along now, next check-up in 2 weeks and due date calculated as Apr 10, which is Nick's birthday! Will I get my wish for an Aries, Tiger son?
The nausea has eased somewhat after I resorted to smaller, frequent meals. Stocked up on a whole bunch of biscuits and nuts, am hungry every 2 hours as per last time. Wonder what it is about the hormones that make you so hungry! I better watch what I eat though, don't want to struggle to lose the weight like last time. Not that I made much effort to lose it in the first place, but still!
No comments:
Post a Comment