Here I am in KL and it's the end of Day 1.
Had an early start this morning to catch the Luxury coach at 8 am. It departed on time but there was a slight jam at Tuas and the Malaysian customs was a tad slow in clearance.

Ma was complaining the night before that my handbag for the bus was too heavy and to lighten the load by not bringing my make-up, saying no one was going to look at me in KL. Thank goodness I didn't listen to her and had some make up on for the bus ride plus wore my lenses because you never know who you might meet and guess who I saw at Tuas? Nick's ex-girlfriend, his first one!
Her coach was right next to ours but her back was facing us when I pointed her out to him. He got a proper look at the Malaysian customs when we were in different queues but our paths didn't cross. Then at the Yong Peng stop, we saw her again and went up to say hi. She was bringing her students for a musical competition in Malacca. We also bumped into Vig's mum at Yong Peng, she was en route to Genting. Small world!
Reached KL about 2plus and rushed through a quick lunch at the hotel before Nick had to head for his meeting. I was left to my own devices in the room at Sheraton for I am not allowed to venture out into the city without him. Read a book and snapped photos.



We are on the 27th floor and have a view of the KL Tower, plus the bathroom is huge by hotel standards!
Once Nick got back, we decided to walk to Bukit Bintang. I wanted to check out the Debenhams at Lot 10 but he was hungry along the way so we stopped by a Wendy's to chomp on some black pepper burgers and watch the first half of Portugal vs North Korea.

At Debenhams, I only saw one nice dress but decided to give it a miss first and come back only if my shopping elsewhere proved unfruitful. We walked over to Pavilion to recce a little for tomorrow, bought 2 pairs of shoes from Nose and got ripped off by the taxi on the way back. 15 ringgit to go to Sheraton, which is like my house to Chinatown.
They are not screening the World Cup matches in the room so it will be an early night because we are too lazy to go out again. Can't wait to hit the shops tomorrow!
Had an early start this morning to catch the Luxury coach at 8 am. It departed on time but there was a slight jam at Tuas and the Malaysian customs was a tad slow in clearance.

Ma was complaining the night before that my handbag for the bus was too heavy and to lighten the load by not bringing my make-up, saying no one was going to look at me in KL. Thank goodness I didn't listen to her and had some make up on for the bus ride plus wore my lenses because you never know who you might meet and guess who I saw at Tuas? Nick's ex-girlfriend, his first one!
Her coach was right next to ours but her back was facing us when I pointed her out to him. He got a proper look at the Malaysian customs when we were in different queues but our paths didn't cross. Then at the Yong Peng stop, we saw her again and went up to say hi. She was bringing her students for a musical competition in Malacca. We also bumped into Vig's mum at Yong Peng, she was en route to Genting. Small world!
Reached KL about 2plus and rushed through a quick lunch at the hotel before Nick had to head for his meeting. I was left to my own devices in the room at Sheraton for I am not allowed to venture out into the city without him. Read a book and snapped photos.



We are on the 27th floor and have a view of the KL Tower, plus the bathroom is huge by hotel standards!
Once Nick got back, we decided to walk to Bukit Bintang. I wanted to check out the Debenhams at Lot 10 but he was hungry along the way so we stopped by a Wendy's to chomp on some black pepper burgers and watch the first half of Portugal vs North Korea.

At Debenhams, I only saw one nice dress but decided to give it a miss first and come back only if my shopping elsewhere proved unfruitful. We walked over to Pavilion to recce a little for tomorrow, bought 2 pairs of shoes from Nose and got ripped off by the taxi on the way back. 15 ringgit to go to Sheraton, which is like my house to Chinatown.
They are not screening the World Cup matches in the room so it will be an early night because we are too lazy to go out again. Can't wait to hit the shops tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment