June 6, 2010

Natasha's officially Catholic!

Natasha was baptised today but I almost didn't make it for the baptism.

Woke up at 3 am with the runs and really painful abdominal cramps that were worse than labour pains! From then on, it was in and out of the loo for the next 2 hours, and 3-4 bouts of puking. I was rolling around in bed from the pain and willing it to go away but at 5 am Nick decided we had to see a doctor immediately. Couldn't just leave the babies like that, so I woke Swana up and she and Kevin came over by 5.40 am. Owe them big time!

Headed to SGH's A&E department and didn't have to wait too long to see a doctor. She extracted some blood and later on I was given two jabs for the pain and vomiting, and placed on a wheelchair and attached to a drip. Was shivering from the cold and borrowed a hospital blanket but when I didn't warm up, me and Nick waited outside.

After 40 mins the drip was taken off and the pain had eased but we couldn't leave yet because we needed to wait for the blood test results, which takes 2 hours. At around 8.30 am we finally got to see another doctor who said the blood test was ok so we could leave after collecting some medicines.

Earlier I had messaged Jane to check if she was ok and she replied that she and Albert were also having the runs, so we concluded that it must have been caused by the laksa we ate the day before because Nick and Germaine were fine, and they hadn't had laksa. Mine was more severe because I had a whole bowl to myself, while Jane and Albert shared one. Ugh, food poisoning sucks!

Am so grateful to have Nickypoo, he was a source of comfort throughout the whole drama despite me reeking of puke.

I was feeling weak the rest of the day and slept most of the time. Nick wanted to cancel the baptism or at least the dinner we had planned after, but I persuaded him I would be well enough by the afternoon.

Dragged myself to church and thankfully the stomach behaved. The baptism itself went by very fast, it was a mass one with 13 babies and when you have so many kids in one spot, it's hard to pay attention to the proceedings because one after another will start crying or whining!

Natasha wore the same gown and hat Nat and Gigi wore before her, she was a good baby. Never fussed and slept through most of the session.






We had time to kill before our dinner reservations so everyone came over to our house for some Goodwood Hotel durian cake which Mildred bought for the occasion. Then we headed to the Prima Revolving Restaurant near Vivo where Nick had made a reservation and pre-ordered some dishes.




Been meaning to go there for a while, the kids were excited about the view, so were the adults! We had fried rice, crab and corn soup, fried chicken, steamed fish, tofu, 2 veggies and hot plate beef but I only tried the rice and soup because I had no appetite. Shall have to go back again!

No comments: