Met up with Tsolmon and Nitya earlier today. They are both friends of Joanne's from Vietnam but hadn't met each other before. Tsolmon is Mongolian and has been in Singapore for 2 years, I've met her a couple of times through Joanne. Her son Alistair is 11 months.
Nitya just moved here a couple of weeks ago with her husband and daughter Anaya who turned 2 this week. I had met Nitya on previous trips to HCM so both ladies were not strangers. Joanne hooked us all up since Nitya didn't know anybody here yet and we arranged to meet at Tsolmon's condo. Nitya brought her sister Anu and niece Myra so Nat had new friends to play with.
Tsolmon's home in Botannia at West Coast was nicely done and she prepared a lovely salad and chicken drumlets for us. I contributed some potato salad and we had a semi-leisurely lunch while the kids played. The original plan was to let Nat swim but it rained the whole morning.




Nat was shy initially. At home she was telling me she didn't want to say 'hi' when I told her we were meeting new people. But she was playing away with Myra and Anaya in no time, while Alistair napped.


Before we left, Tsolmon showed us around the condo and Nat played in one of the playgrounds for a bit. The pools are lovely, Tsolmon invited us back to swim next week...will see how it goes. Wish you were here Jo!


Dressed Natasha and Natalie in matching tops but my batteries died before I could take a picture of them together. Drat!
Made mee siam for dinner, no need to be impressed, I cheated with a Prima spice pack. It was pretty easy to follow and I added towgay, taupok, prawns, eggs, limes and chives. Tasted as good as homemade, though nothing beats Mummy's mee siam and my favourite Ang Mo Kio one.

Nitya just moved here a couple of weeks ago with her husband and daughter Anaya who turned 2 this week. I had met Nitya on previous trips to HCM so both ladies were not strangers. Joanne hooked us all up since Nitya didn't know anybody here yet and we arranged to meet at Tsolmon's condo. Nitya brought her sister Anu and niece Myra so Nat had new friends to play with.
Tsolmon's home in Botannia at West Coast was nicely done and she prepared a lovely salad and chicken drumlets for us. I contributed some potato salad and we had a semi-leisurely lunch while the kids played. The original plan was to let Nat swim but it rained the whole morning.




Nat was shy initially. At home she was telling me she didn't want to say 'hi' when I told her we were meeting new people. But she was playing away with Myra and Anaya in no time, while Alistair napped.


Before we left, Tsolmon showed us around the condo and Nat played in one of the playgrounds for a bit. The pools are lovely, Tsolmon invited us back to swim next week...will see how it goes. Wish you were here Jo!


Dressed Natasha and Natalie in matching tops but my batteries died before I could take a picture of them together. Drat!
Made mee siam for dinner, no need to be impressed, I cheated with a Prima spice pack. It was pretty easy to follow and I added towgay, taupok, prawns, eggs, limes and chives. Tasted as good as homemade, though nothing beats Mummy's mee siam and my favourite Ang Mo Kio one.
1 comment:
wish I was there too!
Post a Comment