We were initially supposed to collect it last weekend, but when we went down to Car Times at West Coast and test drove it, something was wrong with the brakes so the dealer sent it in to Autofrance to check. And then after that, had to do the Vicom inspection for road tax renewal so we only managed to take ownership of our new 'baby' today. Actually the whole experience with Car Times was very pleasant, and Nick was impressed with their service.
I was kinda sad to leave Pedro behind but also look forward to zipping around in Pierre the Peugeot. You know, the fact that 'Pedro' and 'Pierre' both mean 'Peter' is a coincidence. And the fact that Peter is Nick's middle name is another coincidence. I hadn't put this together till today. Swana was the one who suggested naming the Picanto Pedro when we first got him. We had wanted something Latin sounding in P since Picanto sounded like some Mexican dish and Pedro was short and snappy.
And, at the back of my mind, I always knew that if we ever got a Peugeot, I would name him Pierre. Firstly it was French, and secondly it started with P. I had toyed with Philippe, Pascal, Jean Paul, Henri and Thierry but went with Pierre in the end, and today Swana pointed out that Pedro and Pierre both translated to Peter and I wondered how come it never occured to me before.
Anyways, it's been hard to keep the news from Mummy and we finally surprised her today when we went to pick her, Arlyn and Swana after collecting the car. She had been looking out for the silver car and didn't realise we were in the Peugeot till we pulled up. I managed to capture her expression! Must buy 4D soon!
When we were leaving the house to go out, I spotted a snake downstairs. Its head was sticking out from the a gap in the pavement and I was kind of shocked. Reminded me of the time I mistook a giant monitor lizard for a snake when walking home from primary school one day and ran all the way home crying, traumatised by the sight!
I was slightly calmer this time, more excited than anything. Had my camera with me and managed to snap a picture before it disappeared back into its hideout. Ma thinks it's a black cobra, I have mentally named it Caspian. Don't ask me why. I have a thing with double letter initials. I even named a stingray I saw along the beach in the Maldives while on honeymoon, something like Sam the Stingray, or maybe it was Steve?
Had wanted to call the AVA but didn't have the number on hand. Will take a look tomorrow if I go out and if it's still there, will call the authorities. Am actually inclined to leave it alone, but in case it is a cobra, better to alert AVA or something since kids play around that area.
No comments:
Post a Comment