July 20, 2008

Happy Days

Ok, ComGateway redeemed themselves slightly as I received the missing Old Navy package on Thursday...but there's still part of that order that's missing as the merchant had shipped a pair of shorts and socks seperately. The next day I received my Motherhood order, less than a week after it arrived at the ComGateway US address.

However, I have not heard back from their customer service people despite 2 emails, so am still miffed.

Swana has been staying over the last 3 nights while Kevin's in India. Today she helped me sort some of the stuff that I am selling at my home bazaar. The original cost of the clothes on sale add up to a few thousand dollars! Scary!

But at the rate I am eating, there will be more clothes in future that don't fit. Last Thursday evening, I met up with some of the ladies from SES, past and present, for the Fullerton Hotel chocolate buffet. There was Yus, Emily and Theni plus Bona whom I had not met before but have occasionally read her blog. Caprice popped in for a bit too, I brought my camera but forgot to take pictures! Duh. But will take pictures at the next one, we said we should feast together regularly and have planned to attack The Line at Shangri-La next.

It was just like old times. I think out of all the places I've worked, the colleagues at SES still rank as the best. Despite the high amounts of estrogen in the air from working in an all-girl department, there was no animosity or politicking against each other, but we were united by a common enemy. I cherish all the friends made there and miss the good old days at Cathay Building and Goldbell Towers. Sigh...

Went furniture hunting on Friday with Swana, and Ma, Arlyn and Nutty came along for the ride. Had lunch with Aunty Sarda at Shokodu at Raffles City first, before heading to the mega Courts and Ikea at Tampines. The food at Shokodu was not bad and not very expensive, it's like a Japanese Marche and we may have overordered a little. I had one of those tomato rices with an omelette and chicken chop, and we shared gyoza, yakitori sticks, a waffle and a crepe!

The Courts at Tampines was a disappointment, not to mention the layout sucked in terms of entrances, exits and escalators. In the end, Swana didn't buy anything from there nor Ikea, but yesterday she found a computer table she liked at the VHIVE Jurong outlet. Nick drove us all the way there and for dinner we landed up at Tanglin Mall. I opted for Spageddies and had my favourite crayfish parmagianna and picked off everyone else's mains. Such a glut.

Am ignoring my daughter by blogging, and I have to continue sorting out my inventory...ciao for now.

No comments: