July 26, 2008

Mafia Night

Our company D&D was finally held last night at HOUSE, Dempsey Road after months of delay. It was actually supposed to have been held while I was on maternity leave but for some reason got pushed back...maybe because there was no one really heading the social and recreation club after one of the HR persons left, and the ball got dropped.

In the end, I did most of the event management. I couldn't sit and watch from the sidelines while the committee ding-donged on every decision, so I stepped up to liaise with the event company and venue, sourced door gifts, sorted the lucky draw prizes with help from another colleague, and did the internal publicity and actual day event logistics including bus shuttles to ferry people out. Phew!

It all went well last night, I think majority had fun. We had about 120 persons including partners and overseas colleagues and people got hooked onto the Nintendo Wii game consoles set up, that it was hard to draw their attention to the stage. But overall feedback was that it was more fun than last year, because people did not leave immediately after the event. There were a few stray ones who stayed to continue drinking and explore the rest of HOUSE.


The food was surprisingly good, and there was so much leftover. I really enjoyed the roast chicken, grilled seabass with citrus sauce, mushroom soup and the coconut apricot cake, which I took home a large chunk of. There were actually some portions of vegetarian risotto prepared for some of the guests, and I had a one and a half plates of it. It was that good, just the right texture with some cheese, asparagus, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Simple but tasty!

I even won a prize in the lucky draw, a 2D/1N stay at the Caribbean Residences, a service apartment at Keppel. Shall be checking that out soon! Here are some photos from the event...

No comments: