July 26, 2008

Riley's Barnyard Birthday Bash

Riley celebrated her 1st birthday today, 3 days ahead of the actual date. It was held at Savannah Condo Park courtesy of Kaelash's uncle who lives in the estate. The place was very nice actually, Swana commented it felt like we were in Africa when statues of giraffe, elephants and leopards greeted us as we drove past the guardhouse.


Since the theme was Barnyard Bash, we came in our farming best. Well, the only thing I had resembling something country-looking was a pink gingham top. Nutty wore striped pink overalls and brought her own cow that played 'Old Macdonald had a farm' when you pull the handle...I swiped it from the Fisher Price rocker we have at home.


The party was grand - the function room was filled with helium balloons, signage, and some entertainers who kept the kids occupied with storytelling, music and games. There was even a piniata, body painting, sprays to colour hair and photo montages of Riley, plus a donation box for her education fund!


Food was catered from the Eurasian Association and the cake from Awfully Chocolate. Jeanette even made all the desserts.




Gosh, I wonder what Nutty's first birthday will be like? I can't imagine a birthday party filled with screaming children, bouncy castles etc. Our house is too small and I can't think of any reasonably-priced nice venues to rent. Am not into chalets and we don't have any club memberships. Nick and I think we will be quite slack when the time comes, I know we will have cake...but other than that, I can't envision anything else!

Hmm, I have to start planning already.

No comments: