January 23, 2009

Happy Chinese Birthday!

Today is Nat's Chinese birthday and the birthday girl is sick. I still don't know whether it's a coincidence that Nick was away this week, but she always seems to fall sick whenever he's not around.

Does he impart some antibodies to her system that I'm not aware of? Or is it just coincidental that she has gone through her worst patches of teething the last 3 times he was travelling?

This round seems more severe than the rest, she had a pretty high fever yesterday and has been very whiny and clingy the last few nights. One cannot put her down in her cot or the bed without suffering a bout of wailing. And forget trying to coerce her to take any medications, I just had to bite the bullet and shove the medicine dropper into her nostrils and plunge the syringe into her mouth.

On Wednesday, I had to put her to bed 4 times, she woke up crying every 20 mins! Oh....growing pains. I hope she gets better in time for Chinese New Year which is just 3 days away.

I bought her a mini-cake from Polar to celebrate her Chinese birthday, not that she's having any of it!


Gosh how time flies, this time last year in the Chinese calendar, I was in the throes of labour. My life has turned upside down, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

In the past couple of weeks, the munchkin has improved in understanding commands. She leans forward to kiss people quite well, she plays peekaboo by pulling the flap of her romper over her eyes, she makes the spider/hand crawling action whenever she hears 'Incy Wincy', ask her how Gigi cries and she'll go, "Aaaargh!".

She gets totally excited when we're in the lift and her eyes light up just seeing the electronic numbers ascend/descend, she's better at saying 'mama' now but I've deduced that 'papa' applies to me as well, not just Nick. She loves to point the remote at the aircon after seeing Nick do it just once.

Here are a couple of recent pictures, see how she sleeps?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Chi birthday, Nat. hugx!