January 12, 2009

Wasting away

I did practically nothing today. Was on leave to watch the 'live' telecast of the Golden Globes but because I stayed up to watch the Man Utd-Chelsea game yesterday, I was a little zombified.

Made a simple salad lunch for me and Arlyn using leftovers. I had balance from a pre-packed box of greens, which came with butterhead lettuce, cherry tomatoes, Japanese cucumber and sunflower seeds. Arlyn sliced up the remaining roast pork and I peeled a mandarin orange and added the wedges to the salad.

Didn't have any 1000 Island lying around, so I whisked up my own Oriental dressing comprising olive oil, sesame oil, honey, soya sauce, sugar, lime juice and orange juice. It went really well with the roast pork I must say, so pleased!

Mildred came over in the afternoon while me and Nat were napping. I knew the MIL would want to play with her grand-daughter and before I slept, I told Arlyn to tell her to let the munchkin sleep for at least an hour before playing.

But it was in vain. Nat had barely been asleep 30 mins when her grandma roused her from her sleep. I was dead to the world and missed the MIL's whole 2-hr visit, only to wake up to a very cranky daughter, who was tired from having missed her nap. Guess who has to deal with the consequences of a messed up routine tonight?

What am I saying? I was supposed to be nicer to the MIL this year. She did come all the way to bring me bak kwa from Serangoon Gardens, which I happened to mention I liked. Bad daughter-in-law, bad daughter-in-law. *Slaps self*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha!! my immediate reaction to the first mention of "mildred" was... oh oh! she better keep to her new year resolution!