January 25, 2009

Yesterday...

Visited the pediatrician yesterday because Nick was kancheong about Nat's runny nose and fever though it had only been a day since we started self-medicating. She was already starting to get better but he didn't trust my opinion or diagnosis! Pffft.

Caught the chick flick 'Bride Wars' at night with Swana, Ma, Sham and Kavi. It was funny at parts and entertaining, if a tad predictable. But still enjoyable nonetheless.

I made dinner before that, a rocket salad - with oriental dressing again because I ran out of balsamic vinegar. Though the dressing was nice, I don't think sesame oil and rocket leaves go that well together.

The main course was chicken tetrazzini, a creamy chicken pasta that reminded me of my younger years and which I hadn't made in ages.



You see, a long time ago, my favourite thing to order at Pizza Hut was a pasta dish called chicken tetrazzini. Then one day in secondary school during a home econs lesson, we were taught a simple chicken a la king recipe.

I was struck how the chicken a la king tasted so much like the Pizza Hut chicken tetrazzini sauce - which by then had been removed from the menu, and so I used the recipe to recreate one of my favourite dishes. I forgot to take a close-up of the finished dish though. Oh well, next time perhaps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sus, your food posts make me drool.

Anonymous said...

Heh heh, i love to eat and take pictures of my meals!