January 9, 2009

Oodles of noodles...

...that's how I intend to lose weight. I've convinced myself it's less fattening than rice, hence a lot of my weekday lunches now comprise a noodle-ly meal. So far this week, I've had crispy noodles, kway teow and udon. Plus a quiche and a chicken chop.

As of Wednesday morning, I weighed 54kg before any meals...that's practically the same weight I was 2 weeks post-partum! I haven't lost any of the weight I gained during pregnancy and it's been almost a year! My weight when I discovered I was 6 weeks preggers was 51.8kg but I want to be 48kg eventually.

Ok, ok, I haven't actually actively been doing anything to lose weight, but no more excuses, I HAVE to lose 5kg by June and here's how I intend to do it:

1) 1 low-carbo/carbo-less meal a day - I've started eating 2 tbsp less rice at dinner, and sometimes no rice at all. It'll be impossible to cut carbs completely, not when you have a mum who cooks restaurant-standard food all the time. So I'll try to lay low on the carbo during lunch instead.

2) Less sugar - Less doughnuts, less chocolates, less carbonated drinks, less cakes, less ice-cream. And no snacking! Ugh.

3) Light workouts - I shall try to walk home at least twice a week, that's a good 35 mins worth of exercise, never mind that I don't even break a sweat. Need to book the badminton courts soon too, the novelty wore off and the racket is collecting dust. I must book all the Saturdays in February by next week. Anybody who wants to play from 10am-12pm, give me a buzz.

4) Sit ups - I surrender. That tummy ain't going nowhere unless I do some crunches. Will start slow, just 30 a day before I sleep and work my way up to 50 at some point. Phooey.

When I first started going out with Nick, I weighed around 39kg. I've put on 15kg in 8 years and I'm going to lose a third of it in 5 months! Hmm...

But perhaps now that I've put it in print, I'll actually have to stick to the plan? Will update on my progress periodically...if I make progress! ;-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my.. has it been 8 yrs already?!!