I've been really indecisive about what to do for the munchkin's 1st birthday. All this while we had no intention of having a party, we figured she wouldn't remember anything anyway so what was the point. But the more I thought about it, the more I felt I HAD to do something.
Not for the sake of appearances and keeping up with other parents but because I knew I would regret it forever. I mean, how many times does somebody get to turn 1? I know the same applies to every birthday, you only turn that age once. But she's never celebrated ANY before so it is a pretty significant milestone.
I've always told Nick that my birthday is the most important day in his life and being big on birthdays, I couldn't deprive Nat in celebrating her first one ever.
And so the wheels are in motion for a small party two Sundays from now with her extended family. I've been scrambling to find a venue, caterer and cake, and it took ages to decide on a theme. I'm still agonizing over which self-designed invite to pick!
The adults will most likely outnumber the kids 4:1 and chances are Nat will be napping right smack in the middle of the party.
Whoever's coming, I must warn you it's going to be really boring and no-frills. Don't expect an elaborate bash, everything's being done on a shoestring budget. Times are hard you know, heh heh. :-)
Not for the sake of appearances and keeping up with other parents but because I knew I would regret it forever. I mean, how many times does somebody get to turn 1? I know the same applies to every birthday, you only turn that age once. But she's never celebrated ANY before so it is a pretty significant milestone.
I've always told Nick that my birthday is the most important day in his life and being big on birthdays, I couldn't deprive Nat in celebrating her first one ever.
And so the wheels are in motion for a small party two Sundays from now with her extended family. I've been scrambling to find a venue, caterer and cake, and it took ages to decide on a theme. I'm still agonizing over which self-designed invite to pick!
The adults will most likely outnumber the kids 4:1 and chances are Nat will be napping right smack in the middle of the party.
Whoever's coming, I must warn you it's going to be really boring and no-frills. Don't expect an elaborate bash, everything's being done on a shoestring budget. Times are hard you know, heh heh. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment