I finally collected Nat's passport today after her MMR jab in the morning and just before the 3 month collection deadline was up, having applied for it way back in Feb. Why did I wait so long? Because I misplaced her birth certificate that's why!
For the past few weekends, I have been hunting high and low for that precious document, combing through all my bills, and other papers...I knew it was somewhere in my purple room but I just couldn't find it. With one week to go before the passport application was cancelled, I gave up and applied for a birth extract, thinking I was a horrible mum to have lost Nat's birth cert after only 1 year.
Just when the birth extract was being processed, last Wednesday I found the original birth cert when rummaging through an envelope in search of Arlyn's passport (another misplaced document!). You have no idea how relieved I was!
And so now Nat has 2 birth documents...I think I will leave the birth cert at home and carry the birth extract for medical appointments etc. And now that she has a passport, I hope we can have a family holiday somewhere nearby soon. Mildred wants to go Penang but I'm thinking we start with Bintan. Not leaving home without Arlyn though!
For the past few weekends, I have been hunting high and low for that precious document, combing through all my bills, and other papers...I knew it was somewhere in my purple room but I just couldn't find it. With one week to go before the passport application was cancelled, I gave up and applied for a birth extract, thinking I was a horrible mum to have lost Nat's birth cert after only 1 year.
Just when the birth extract was being processed, last Wednesday I found the original birth cert when rummaging through an envelope in search of Arlyn's passport (another misplaced document!). You have no idea how relieved I was!
And so now Nat has 2 birth documents...I think I will leave the birth cert at home and carry the birth extract for medical appointments etc. And now that she has a passport, I hope we can have a family holiday somewhere nearby soon. Mildred wants to go Penang but I'm thinking we start with Bintan. Not leaving home without Arlyn though!
No comments:
Post a Comment