Nick and I made an impromptu drive with the munchkin after dinner last night, thinking that we could show her the cable cars and city lights from the top of Mount Faber. When we got there, it was really dark as some lamp posts were not working.
A trio of Indian students approached us, asking for directions to Harbourfront. We told them it was a long walk down but they showed us a flight of stairs that had a sign 'Harbourfront' above it. So we told them they could take it but they were hesitant because it was so dark. While they were still deliberating, Nick and I decided it was too dodgy with so little lights on and decided to leave ourselves.
I suggested to Nick to give the 3 a lift to Harbourfront, he agreed and we offered them the ride. I felt sorry for them to be honest and wanted them to have a good impression of Singapore.
They were shy to accept but we assured them we meant no harm and it was on the way. There were 2 girls and 1 guy. The guy sat in front with Nick and us ladies squeezed with Nat in the baby seat behind. We chit chatted and found out they are here from Mumbai on an MBA course by SP Jain, they had walked over from Hort Park where their hostel is located.
They were all very polite and friendly and in no time we had reached Harbourfront. They thought Nat was cute and were surprised to learn her name was Sitara - that's what I tell Indians when they ask for her name...to everyone else she's Nat!
A trio of Indian students approached us, asking for directions to Harbourfront. We told them it was a long walk down but they showed us a flight of stairs that had a sign 'Harbourfront' above it. So we told them they could take it but they were hesitant because it was so dark. While they were still deliberating, Nick and I decided it was too dodgy with so little lights on and decided to leave ourselves.
I suggested to Nick to give the 3 a lift to Harbourfront, he agreed and we offered them the ride. I felt sorry for them to be honest and wanted them to have a good impression of Singapore.
They were shy to accept but we assured them we meant no harm and it was on the way. There were 2 girls and 1 guy. The guy sat in front with Nick and us ladies squeezed with Nat in the baby seat behind. We chit chatted and found out they are here from Mumbai on an MBA course by SP Jain, they had walked over from Hort Park where their hostel is located.
They were all very polite and friendly and in no time we had reached Harbourfront. They thought Nat was cute and were surprised to learn her name was Sitara - that's what I tell Indians when they ask for her name...to everyone else she's Nat!
No comments:
Post a Comment