May 19, 2009

Plumbing problems

Damn, my bathrooms are clogged and it takes ages for the water to flow down the sinkhole. A handyman came over just now but even his plunger got stuck and broke apart. Time for the professionals, I called 3 random plumbers and booked the cheapest one. Imagine, one person quoted $250 for some jet machine, but the one I booked was just $80. Hope he manages to fix the problem!

Perhaps next time I should try the company advertised here, spotted them in the neighbourhood last week. Can you read the sign? The business is called "The Bloody Sh** Hub", for a moment there I thought it was a rude van till I read their list of services!


Followed Nick for a medical appointment with an ENT specialist today. He's been sounding nasal and phlegmy for more than a few weeks but steadfastly refused to see a doctor. I panicked when on Sunday afternoon he told me his nose bled and blood also oozed out from his mouth. I made sure I was present today because knowing him, he would play down his symptoms with the doc and say he feels fine. The doctor shoved up a scope through Nickypoo's nostrils...charming. From what he could see, everything looked normal but he did spot mucus and diagnosed it as a sinus problem. I wasn't so convinced and forced Nick to take a chest x-ray since we we there, apparently nothing abnormal turned up so will see if the anti-histamines prescribed work.

Nat has been really into her stars, Mildred bought her some glow in the dark ones to play with and I bought a star-shaped pancake mould for her. She much preferred the starry pancakes to the regular round ones and finished all 3 on her plate.


And the cheeky little girl has been having fun with the laundry baskets...



Meanwhile in the past couple of weeks, Gigi has learnt how to stand in the cot and improved on her crawling. She's still not doing it proper, but at least she moves. She can also clap on demand, so cute!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did the $80 plumbing service manage to fix it? I hope so. It seems unlikely that your plumbing problem was an easy fix, since the handyman broke his plunger trying to repair it. Anyway, how is it now? Are you still having those plumbing woes? Village Plumbing

Anonymous said...

That’s some business’s name. Haha! Well, it’s not about the name, it’s about the service. Anyway, it sounds like your plumbing problem was a serious one, what with the handyman’s plunger getting stuck and broken apart in the process. I hope your plumbing pros managed to fix it at the reasonable price.

Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

Anonymous said...

That plumbing company has a way with words, huh? Well, I can overlook the name, as long as they provide an excellent service. Have you ever tried giving them a call? I hope you never have to, but it pays to have some contacts ready, in case you need a quick plumbing fix. Have a nice day!

Gordon Patton @ Bison Plumbing