Today was Mother's Day but I didn't feel deserving of celebrating it, especially since Arlyn does all the work with Nat! I tried to feed Nat lunch and do her bath but it was exasperating, she's really getting to be a handful these days...need to get the Supernanny book before she turns into one of those screaming terrors you see on TV!
Went for mass in the morning, followed by a walkabout at Vivo. The afternoon was spent preparing dinner for the in-laws. Ben, Wendy and Mildred came over for spaghetti bolognaise and jello. Wendy bought Nat a pair of butterfly wings since she loves butterflies so much!
Yesterday morning we ventured to Big Splash for breakfast at KFC - Swana, Gigi and Ma decided to grace us with their presence as well. Have I mentioned I soooo prefer the KFC breakfasts to McDonalds?
We walked along the beach after brekkie, Nat was too chicken to walk on the grass or sand, need to expose her to the outdoors more! I was 'bugged' (pun intended!) by a type of fly that had yellow bits, I wonder if they were attracted to my black raspberry vanilla moisturizer or floral top...I was the only one they kept buzzing about.
Saw some blue birds, and what looked like a 70plus year old woman jogging in a skimpy (and I mean skimpy!) polkadot bikini. My jaw dropped. On one hand, I give her props for keeping fit, but on the other, it was a lot more flesh than I would have liked to see on a senior citizen!
In the afternoon, we went to Bin Tong Park for Uncle Radha's prayers, it was a super hot day. En route I spotted our law minister about to shop the car showrooms at Leng Kee in his shorts. Speaking of minister, just last Wednesday, there was another minister of state at Uncle Radha's funeral but I didn't even realise he was there till Swana spotted the combover in the crowd, he blended right in among all the balding Indian men!
Popped by to visit Nick's Amah after the prayers, his Aunty Susan and Uncle Henry were there too. I started talking about material shopping with Aunty Susan who wants to make a dress before her son's wedding in October. We decided to make an impromptu visit to Plaza Singapura and see what Spotlight had to offer. She managed to buy a couple of fabrics and I ended up with 4 new ones. There was a bargain corner with $3 p/m cloth and I just couldn't resist!
No comments:
Post a Comment