Nat turned 15 months yesterday and at this age can walk and talk! Not talk proper, but babytalk and a few words here and there. For example, when asked what her name was, she replies 'Neh-net' which is of course Nat-nat. She also knows Natalie, Nat Nat, Sitara and Munchkin are all her because she points to herself when asked 'Who is XXX?'.
Words that she can say clearly are pear, star, A, I, ball, car and duck. She points to my handbags and says 'bag', and she can also say 'mole' after I thought her how (she keeps touching the mole on my collarbone). She loves stars and calls out the word whenever she sees one, her 'rhino' sounds like 'nano', she calls water 'ter-ter' and 'ba' for buses and she'll do the "Wheels on the bus" action. She knows the twinkly lights in the sky are real stars and can point to the moon.
She can identify lots of animals in her picture books aside from the usual dog, cat and cow - like giraffe, lion, tiger, frog, rhino, elephant, frog and she'll try to imitate their sounds too. She can also identify strawberries, aeroplanes, apples, bananas, motorcycles and umbrellas amongst others.



She's a little more confident of walking on her own, but still prefers to hold somebody's hand unless it's a short distance. The good thing is that she can get up on her own from a sit down position without holding on to anything, just squatting and standing up.
She's really cheeky, when we ask for some of her cereal or biscuits she will pretend to offer and feed us before taking her hand away at the last minute. She also likes to pretend she's pooping by making constipated sounds. She still puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, she's like a goat chewing off the corners of books or nibbling on my hair when very sleepy.
Lately she's been throwing tantrums when I try to make her sleep for naps, she just wants to play even though I can tell she's really sleepy. She'll protest by screaming, kicking, whining and arching her back. I don't give her chance - I continue to rock or hum a tune and within a couple of minutes she nods off and goes limp, like an Energizer bunny whose batteries have gone flat.


She acts pathetic when trying to come out of the playpen, raising her arms and calling out "Mama" and making a really sad face but as soon as I put a book or toy in there, she's fine. I think her other teeth are going to make an appearance soon, she keeps stuffing her fingers towards the back of her mouth, causing her to cough and gag. We try and stop her and offer her a rubber toothbrush instead to bite and chew on.
Gigi at 8 months is still screaming her head off at everything but she is such a cutie pie. She's constantly smiling and goes to practically anyone who reaches out for her. She needs to sleep with someone beside her otherwise she'll feel insecure. That damn pacifier is always in her mouth, but it has given her some pouty lips. She's quick to roll from side to side and makes more attempts to crawl now, lifting her bum and flopping over, but not really getting anywhere.
She can sort of wave 'bye-bye' but not all the time and she likes to scrunch up her face. She's moved on to blended porridges and vegetables for meals, I think she's heavier than Nat now!




By the way, Nat's surgery to remove her pilomatrixioma has been fixed for July. Last Wednesday, I went to KK to consult with the paediatric surgeon...the cost quoted was half what another private surgeon was charging. However, in the days after the consultation, her bump grew again.
From a tiny round flat greyish mark, it looks like a red inflammed zit now. I have concluded these infections/inflammations are caused by the doctors' examinations and not anything else. The last time it got inflammed was after pinching and squeezing by doctors while making their diagnosis and she had to take a course of anti-biotics.
I didn't want to do the round of anti-biotics again this time, so today consulted a dermatologist that's worked with kids in the hopes that he might have something else to reduce the inflammation. After explaining all the history, he diagnosed her bump as a cyst because it had a punctum. Cyst or pilomatrixioma, the only way to remove was surgery but in the meantime, he prescribed a topical antibiotic cream, and the oral antibiotic as a backup. I hope the cream does the trick and pray that from now till July, there are no more surprises.
Words that she can say clearly are pear, star, A, I, ball, car and duck. She points to my handbags and says 'bag', and she can also say 'mole' after I thought her how (she keeps touching the mole on my collarbone). She loves stars and calls out the word whenever she sees one, her 'rhino' sounds like 'nano', she calls water 'ter-ter' and 'ba' for buses and she'll do the "Wheels on the bus" action. She knows the twinkly lights in the sky are real stars and can point to the moon.
She can identify lots of animals in her picture books aside from the usual dog, cat and cow - like giraffe, lion, tiger, frog, rhino, elephant, frog and she'll try to imitate their sounds too. She can also identify strawberries, aeroplanes, apples, bananas, motorcycles and umbrellas amongst others.
She's a little more confident of walking on her own, but still prefers to hold somebody's hand unless it's a short distance. The good thing is that she can get up on her own from a sit down position without holding on to anything, just squatting and standing up.
She's really cheeky, when we ask for some of her cereal or biscuits she will pretend to offer and feed us before taking her hand away at the last minute. She also likes to pretend she's pooping by making constipated sounds. She still puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, she's like a goat chewing off the corners of books or nibbling on my hair when very sleepy.
Lately she's been throwing tantrums when I try to make her sleep for naps, she just wants to play even though I can tell she's really sleepy. She'll protest by screaming, kicking, whining and arching her back. I don't give her chance - I continue to rock or hum a tune and within a couple of minutes she nods off and goes limp, like an Energizer bunny whose batteries have gone flat.
She acts pathetic when trying to come out of the playpen, raising her arms and calling out "Mama" and making a really sad face but as soon as I put a book or toy in there, she's fine. I think her other teeth are going to make an appearance soon, she keeps stuffing her fingers towards the back of her mouth, causing her to cough and gag. We try and stop her and offer her a rubber toothbrush instead to bite and chew on.
Gigi at 8 months is still screaming her head off at everything but she is such a cutie pie. She's constantly smiling and goes to practically anyone who reaches out for her. She needs to sleep with someone beside her otherwise she'll feel insecure. That damn pacifier is always in her mouth, but it has given her some pouty lips. She's quick to roll from side to side and makes more attempts to crawl now, lifting her bum and flopping over, but not really getting anywhere.
She can sort of wave 'bye-bye' but not all the time and she likes to scrunch up her face. She's moved on to blended porridges and vegetables for meals, I think she's heavier than Nat now!
By the way, Nat's surgery to remove her pilomatrixioma has been fixed for July. Last Wednesday, I went to KK to consult with the paediatric surgeon...the cost quoted was half what another private surgeon was charging. However, in the days after the consultation, her bump grew again.
From a tiny round flat greyish mark, it looks like a red inflammed zit now. I have concluded these infections/inflammations are caused by the doctors' examinations and not anything else. The last time it got inflammed was after pinching and squeezing by doctors while making their diagnosis and she had to take a course of anti-biotics.
I didn't want to do the round of anti-biotics again this time, so today consulted a dermatologist that's worked with kids in the hopes that he might have something else to reduce the inflammation. After explaining all the history, he diagnosed her bump as a cyst because it had a punctum. Cyst or pilomatrixioma, the only way to remove was surgery but in the meantime, he prescribed a topical antibiotic cream, and the oral antibiotic as a backup. I hope the cream does the trick and pray that from now till July, there are no more surprises.
No comments:
Post a Comment