June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Yet another sign! Nick was just channel-surfing when he came across a programme on Greek food hosted by Joan Cusack. She was in Greece experiencing local flavours... coincidence?

Last night I watched 2 Globetrekker DVDs on Greece that Ma had bought for my birthday a couple of years ago. I completely forgot I had them, but they sure came in handy!

Before that we had dinner at Mellben in AMK as a belated gathering for Baba's birthday. Aunty Irene was keen to go there even though we had no reservations and ended up queuing over 90 mins for a table. The babies got a tad restless but I still managed to whack some crab, including my favourite butter one...mmmm.




Today was Father's Day and in the morning Nat presented her Daddy with a card and pressie. She 'bought' him helicopter cufflinks to add to his collection of planes and after mass we ended up at Din Tai Fung Raffles City for an early lunch and walkabout.



I managed to pack a little in the afternoon, I have like 20 outfits in my trusty orange suitcase, I just can't decide what to wear when we're there and am planning to take lots and lots of pictures. And I don't like to be seen wearing the same outfit on a different day! Vain or what? Heh heh. I can just picture Swana's exasperated expression as she reads this - I will streamline before I leave OK?

Mildred, Ma, Pa, the Dopes and Gigi came over for a simple dinner of hor fun, fried rice and satay but there was Bakerzin cheesecake for dessert. Gigi and Nat did their secret baby greeting, it's just too cute.

Everytime we ask Nat what colour is an object, she replies with 'purple'. She knows what 'turn' is, and circles daintily with one hand up as she does a 360 turn. She's a bit more 'manja' with me these days, I think the few days at home last week helped and just when she's getting a little closer, I have to abandon her for 10 days! Will make it up to her when we get back...

1 comment:

Purple Princess said...

ooh! She likes PURPLE???