June 15, 2009

Working late

It's 2.30am and I am still awake, was catching up on some work. This is precisely why I wanted to be a PA, just do my job from 9 - 5 without having to think about work when I got home or on the weekends but this new role is a lot more demanding. I reckon it will be busy for the next 4-5 months until I am familiar with the products and how we do things but if it doesn't improve by December, I need to start thinking of plan B.

Spent all of Friday in Bintan, conducting a site inspection on 2 resorts for an upcoming event. Dragged my colleague Phyllis with me and we had fun touring Bintan Lagoon and Nirwana Gardens and all their facilities. Was telling Nick we should plan a family holiday at Nirwana, they have a mini-zoo on their grounds, pony rides and even an elephant park!




Finally managed to sort the rest of my wardrobe on Saturday morning, have been doing it in phases - first the black/white/brown tops and pants. Then the skirts. Then the purple/pink/red tops and blue/green/orange/yellow tops. On Saturday, I did the dresses, and boy do I have a lot of dresses! I have lost about 3 kgs since February so I didn't get rid of much items, seeing as to how I can fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes...woohoo!

I was so pleased that I could fit into a particular blue and white floral dress that's been in my cupboard for over 3 years (with tags still on), that I wore it that evening itself. Couldn't resist dressing Nat in matching colours, she wore a new romper from Gap with blue butterflies.



We fetched Swana, Kevin and Gigi and it was so heartwarming to see Nat and Gigi get excited at seeing each other. Babies at their age apparently don't know how to play with other babies, but conduct in parallel play. These two are non-conformists! Gigi was grinning at Nat, who affectionately touched heads with her and then both of them kept nodding and putting their heads together and holding hands, like some secret baby greeting!

Dinner was with the St Mary's gang at Serenity Cafe, Vivocity, kids in tow. It was nice to see everyone after so long...Swana's like the glue that holds us together, if she doesn't organise something, no one will bother!



Shared a paella with her, it was too fishy for my liking but overall, wouldn't mind going Serenity again. It always looks so empty from the outside, but it has a very big space and live music at night, so quite nice to chill.




By the way, we are now down to 1 fish. 2 of them died in consecutive days while we were out. Don't know if the lone survivor killed them or what. We've been following the instructions of the shop owner but obviously something is wrong, am so not a fish person!

The munchkin can almost say 'thank you' now, as well as 'A-B', trying to get her to say 'ABC'. Wendy has this thing with her, teasing her about stealing and eating her cherries, so in honour of her godma, Nat wore cherry jeans today!


No comments: