June 18, 2009

Thud

Was working at 1.30 this morning in the dining room when I was jolted by the sound of a dull thud followed by Nick's, loud, helpless cry, going, "Nooooo...Nat!". Heart stopped beating as a I feared the worst, I knew it could only be Nat falling off the bed in her sleep andI could feel the anguish in Nick as he bolted drowsily to her rescue. I went to check on them and the poor bubba was obviously shocked and cried a bit but soon went back to sleep. Me and Nick however were ridden with guilt.

Him because it could have been prevented, he's normally more alert when she's lying next to him and me because I should have moved her to the playpen as soon as she had fallen asleep, like I normally do, but instead was burning the midnight oil.

Sigh...and this is the second time she has fallen this week, the other time onTuesday while she was at Membina. Arlyn had just turned around to hang a towel and in that split-second Nat managed to trip and fall on her back, biting her lip in the process.

I hope nothing eventful happens when we're in Greece and helpless to come to her rescue. Nick would jump on a plane in a heartbeat with any sign of her missing us, but unless the situation was really critical (touchwood!), I intend to see through the whole trip. Hope she will be having too much fun to realise we're away, I know Nick is heavy-hearted to go and though I will miss her too, I don't think I will be as affected as him.

5 days left!!!

No comments: