August 24, 2009

No need Marche!

The in-laws came over for dinner yesterday since Mildred and Ben both don't subscribe to the Sports package on Starhub and there was an F1 race I didn't want to miss. In exchange, I prepared dinner of rosti and sausages, which didn't cost much. Just goes to show how cheap the cost of food is and how restaurants are milking us for all their worth.




I think Marche charges something like $10 or $11 bucks for a sausage and some rosti, my individual meal worked out to less than $4 bucks per head, with 2 sausages. Ok, I had a good deal on the sausages because Cold Storage was clearing some brockwursts, 50% off. Plus another packet was underweighed and mis-labelled, costing $3.80 instead of the usual $10...I just had sharp eyes! But even at full price the meal would still be under $5.

Spent the weekend looking at cars, not that we are changing anytime soon, but Nick was bored and wanted to check out MPVs. Had impromptu breakfast at Serangoon Gardens on Saturday morning with Mildred, Nat entertained us by wearing my sunglasses.



I had wanted to watch 'The Proposal' but plans got thwarted when Nick came down with food poisoning. Are food safety standards slipping or have we just been unlucky the last couple of weeks? This time the suspected culprit was roast chicken from Carrefour. He was the only one who ate it but didn't get very far because he said it had a funny smell. Well one bite was all it took.

The 7th month started recently and I tend to get quite paranoid during this time. Already seen 3 accidents and when the TV and house lights went off on Friday evening at 11plus pm, I panicked a moment before realising it was a power failure. But not just our house, the whole block was pitch black. It was over an hour before the technicians rectified it but I pity whoever was stuck in the lifts, it could very easily have been us had I managed to get movie tickets that evening!

1 comment:

Vigneswari said...

She's so adorable!!!!! Hahaha!!!