Today was the first day of Chinese New Year and the Year of the Rabbit and as usual, we carted ourselves over to Amah's house where the rest of the family visit over lunchtime.

My dilemma was in deciding what new outfit to wear as the clothes I had designated all somehow didn't fit properly when I tried them on again last night. In the end I went with a Trina Turk green printed dress and threw on a pink necklace so I could match my daughters somewhat. Both Nat and Sasha wore green and pink floral dresses, my favourite colour combination!
Nat got to meet her cousins whom she only sees once a year, including Julia's 3 boys - Joshua, Gabriel and Ian. Ian is the same age as Nat, older by less than a month, but he's practically a whole head taller!


The older folks seemed quite taken with Sasha, especially Nick's eldest uncle - I suppose because he has 3 grandsons. Sasha was a regular social butterfly, not complaining at all when various aunties and uncles carried her. I heard a number of comments about how she looks just like Nick.
We managed to see almost all of Mildred's side except for Uncle Steven and family, and of course Uncle Alvin and company who are in Darwin. Because everyone congregates at Amah's, there's hardly any visiting to do each CNY.


As hard as I tried, it was impossible to get a proper shot of me and the girls or a family shot, they each took turns ignoring the photographers. These were the best we managed.



Came home to nap and in the evening we headed to Membina, Swana tapau-ed food from a tze char stall at Zion Road and we were entertained by Nat and Gigi, who hammed it up for the camera.



My dilemma was in deciding what new outfit to wear as the clothes I had designated all somehow didn't fit properly when I tried them on again last night. In the end I went with a Trina Turk green printed dress and threw on a pink necklace so I could match my daughters somewhat. Both Nat and Sasha wore green and pink floral dresses, my favourite colour combination!
Nat got to meet her cousins whom she only sees once a year, including Julia's 3 boys - Joshua, Gabriel and Ian. Ian is the same age as Nat, older by less than a month, but he's practically a whole head taller!


The older folks seemed quite taken with Sasha, especially Nick's eldest uncle - I suppose because he has 3 grandsons. Sasha was a regular social butterfly, not complaining at all when various aunties and uncles carried her. I heard a number of comments about how she looks just like Nick.
We managed to see almost all of Mildred's side except for Uncle Steven and family, and of course Uncle Alvin and company who are in Darwin. Because everyone congregates at Amah's, there's hardly any visiting to do each CNY.


As hard as I tried, it was impossible to get a proper shot of me and the girls or a family shot, they each took turns ignoring the photographers. These were the best we managed.



Came home to nap and in the evening we headed to Membina, Swana tapau-ed food from a tze char stall at Zion Road and we were entertained by Nat and Gigi, who hammed it up for the camera.


No comments:
Post a Comment