...Eagles.
The legendary band just ended a 3hr performance at the Indoor Stadium, as part of their Long Road Out of Eden World Tour. Have to say, it was one of the most value for money concerts I've attended. No wonder they started quite on time at about 8.15pm because they had so many songs to go through, catching many people off guard...you know how Singaporeans like to stroll in late.

We almost missed the opening number because Nick parked far far away at the netball centre - he was so hungry so at the first sight of food, he parked to be near the McDonalds and KFC. There had been traffic delays en route and he didn't want to fight over lots nearer the stadium.
We gobbled down KFC meals, and I tried to walk as fast as my blistered feet would let me. Had to stop along the way to buy plasters...why is it so hard to find a comfortable black heel?
The lights were already dim when we entered the Indoor Stadium and the band struck up before we had reached our seats. I was pretty pleased with our seats, to the side of the stage. The block next to us separated by one aisle paid double!


Hit after hit was churned out, Nick was a happy camper, singing and clapping along. This concert was part of his Christmas present last year, he loves their music, it's constantly playing in the car.

There was a long trumpet intro to Hotel California which was played early on in the set. It was followed by Peaceful Easy Feeling, I Can't Tell You Why, Witchy Woman, Lyin' Eyes etc.
We tracked down the lovely Pereiras during intermission, sitting 2 blocks away!

After the intermission they played some newer songs which I didn't know but they soon picked up the momentum with Love Will Keep Us Alive, Best of My Love, Take It to The Limit (which their wives call the credit card song, LOL!), One of These Nights, Heartache Tonight, Life in the Fast Lane, Take It Easy before ending with Desperado in their encore.
The guitar playing was excellent, although I lost count of the number of times they switched guitars, practically after every song! They were occasionally funny, Glenn Frey changed his shirts a couple of times, Don Henley came out from behind the drums a lot, they sang in perfect harmony, honed by years of performing together. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and have a new appreciation for them, looking forward to other concerts this year!
Aside from the concert, today was a busy day. Met Rena and Jane for lunch at Skinny Pizza, for Jane's belated birthday celebration. Again we over-ordered, getting 2 pizzas, a fish and chips which came with 3 generous strips and vegetarian risotto.



It was lovely to catch up, Germs you were missed.
Before the concert, I went to view Nick's new office. Insight and Contiki have shifted from China Square Central to Park View Square, that art deco building at Bugis. It is quite imposing, big courtyard, fancy fountains and a gorgeous salon in the lobby of which I was not allowed to take any pictures. Phooey!


Nick has his own room, my photo is conspicuously missing from his desk, will need to rectify that! Nat would love the fountains, will have to bring her soon.


The legendary band just ended a 3hr performance at the Indoor Stadium, as part of their Long Road Out of Eden World Tour. Have to say, it was one of the most value for money concerts I've attended. No wonder they started quite on time at about 8.15pm because they had so many songs to go through, catching many people off guard...you know how Singaporeans like to stroll in late.
We almost missed the opening number because Nick parked far far away at the netball centre - he was so hungry so at the first sight of food, he parked to be near the McDonalds and KFC. There had been traffic delays en route and he didn't want to fight over lots nearer the stadium.
We gobbled down KFC meals, and I tried to walk as fast as my blistered feet would let me. Had to stop along the way to buy plasters...why is it so hard to find a comfortable black heel?
The lights were already dim when we entered the Indoor Stadium and the band struck up before we had reached our seats. I was pretty pleased with our seats, to the side of the stage. The block next to us separated by one aisle paid double!
Hit after hit was churned out, Nick was a happy camper, singing and clapping along. This concert was part of his Christmas present last year, he loves their music, it's constantly playing in the car.
There was a long trumpet intro to Hotel California which was played early on in the set. It was followed by Peaceful Easy Feeling, I Can't Tell You Why, Witchy Woman, Lyin' Eyes etc.
We tracked down the lovely Pereiras during intermission, sitting 2 blocks away!
After the intermission they played some newer songs which I didn't know but they soon picked up the momentum with Love Will Keep Us Alive, Best of My Love, Take It to The Limit (which their wives call the credit card song, LOL!), One of These Nights, Heartache Tonight, Life in the Fast Lane, Take It Easy before ending with Desperado in their encore.
The guitar playing was excellent, although I lost count of the number of times they switched guitars, practically after every song! They were occasionally funny, Glenn Frey changed his shirts a couple of times, Don Henley came out from behind the drums a lot, they sang in perfect harmony, honed by years of performing together. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and have a new appreciation for them, looking forward to other concerts this year!
Aside from the concert, today was a busy day. Met Rena and Jane for lunch at Skinny Pizza, for Jane's belated birthday celebration. Again we over-ordered, getting 2 pizzas, a fish and chips which came with 3 generous strips and vegetarian risotto.
It was lovely to catch up, Germs you were missed.
Before the concert, I went to view Nick's new office. Insight and Contiki have shifted from China Square Central to Park View Square, that art deco building at Bugis. It is quite imposing, big courtyard, fancy fountains and a gorgeous salon in the lobby of which I was not allowed to take any pictures. Phooey!
Nick has his own room, my photo is conspicuously missing from his desk, will need to rectify that! Nat would love the fountains, will have to bring her soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment