Was ambushed in the bus on the way to Membina. I was standing near the exits minding my own business when a Punjabi lady came up to me and said, "Excuse me, I'm a beautician". In my head I was like, "And your point being...??" but instead I went, "Huh?"
She repeated herself and then held out a namecard which I hesitantly took and put into my wristlet. I thanked her and continued staring out the window, somewhat amused.
I wonder if it's an Indian national thing to do, approach other Indians on the bus and distribute namecards, because this is the second time it's happened to me and both times the people involved didn't appear to be Singaporean. A few months ago, two Indian nationals tried to strike up a conversation on a bus to promote their newly opened vegetarian restaurant and gave me their namecards too.
They didn't approach other people so I assume I fit their target profile...Indian!
On a seperate note, we had a strange encounter upon our return from Membina last night - of the shoe kind! As we emerged from the lift and approached our gate, we noticed a pair of gold open-toed slingbacks at our doorway. They were facing our gate and really looked as if we had a visitor.
They definitely didn't belong to me and we were puzzled as to who they belonged to. All sorts of eerie thoughts ran through my head but I tried to come up with other excuses instead. Maybe a kind neighbour was clearing her wardrobe and thought they might fit me, or some neighbour was having an affair and was trying to avoid detection by placing his mistress' shoes elsewhere!
Anyway, Arlyn helped to put them on the staircase but later on, Nick asked her to move them one floor down. We were all kind of spooked but I'm sure there's a perfectly valid explanation for their appearance...at least I hope so. But I don't think we'll ever find out.
3 comments:
T was suggesting that maybe Nick sneaked a girl in and she had to hide in the house when u came back ... all thru the night. haha.
Ha, well then she must be still in my house cos' the shoes are still there, or she's walking around barefoot!
Me thinks the mistress story is quite valid. Check with your next door neighbour. Sounds bizzare though!
Post a Comment