November 16, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Before you know it, another week has gone by and there are just 8 or less weeks left till 2009.

Had a laid-back weekend, Saturday was supposed to be a busy day with a baby 1 month celebration and tea with Nick's friends, but plans got shelved after both hosts had sick family members.

Instead I spent some time tidying my purple room, it's still in a right mess...I have a lot of junk! I also spent the afternoon napping, trying to get over a headache that started on Friday night. It's a tad unusual because I never had a proper headache before and this was persistent and lasted over 36 hours till this morning.

In the evening I was bored from being cooped up all day so jumped at Nickypoo's suggestion to have dinner out. Swana was alone with Gigi so we picked her up. But before we could set off, Ma returned from Tiong Bahru Plaza and decided to tag along.

We ended up at Anchorpoint for dinner but there was some drama shortly after we completed our meal and walked around a bit. Arlyn who had yong tau fu, started feeling unwell, complaining of a sharp pain in her abdomen. She tried to tahan as long she could but once we were in the car, she said the pain was getting worse and she would need to go to the loo.

So we hurried to Membina, she was carrying Gigi in the car but as soon as we stopped and she alighted, she pleaded for Mummy to take the baby from her because she was giddy and blacking out. She fell to her knees next to the car but managed to pick herself up and make it to the lift where she almost passed out again. Swana helped her up and we took a different lift but when got up, Arlyn was super-pale and unconscious, lying on Swana's neighbour's bench.

Out came the Vicks etc, and she dragged herself to the sofa. After lying down for a few minutes, she went to the loo and only after that, started to feel slightly better. We didn't want to take any chances so brought her to a nearby clinic that was open till midnight. She was prescribed the usual food poisoning medication and I managed to ask the doctor about my headache.

He advised me to go to the hospital if it didn't go away after 48 hours. I still have an occasional twinge but not as painful as yesterday so will play it by ear. Methinks it has something to do the recent cold, maybe inflammed sinuses. I sure hope it's nothing more serious.

No comments: