Kavi was willing to pay me $50 to answer this question on camera for an event opening video, but I was too self-conscious to do it, even though it was easy money. I made Nickypoo do it though and so yesterday we found ourselves filming on the quaint stretch of Haji Lane, home to hip vintage boutiques and edgy indie labels.
There were quite a few shops with interesting displays, not many were open, but I think I want to explore further, perhaps on a Saturday afternoon. Saw some cool homewares and funky printed dresses through the shutters.
The shoot itself was pretty straightforward, Desmond and his hot wife Chen Tze had agreed to help Kavi out too, she had requested for a yuppie and a fashionista and they were perfect! Jeanette and Kaelash also came to help her out.
When Nick was done, I convinced him to have tea at the Marina @ Keppel Bay which is on Keppel Island. Had been meaning to go there for months since I found out about its existence and I thought he might enjoy some waterfront dining and I was right, he loved the place!
We sat outdoors at the Prive Bakery & CafĂ©, and since their breakfast was all day, he had scrambled eggs and bacon at 3pm while I opted for a crab and prawn wrap – there goes the $50 he earned! We shared a fresh fruit cake and then walked around Keppel Island for a bit.
Took like 5 mins to walk around the tiny island, which is connected to the mainland by a bridge. There’s actually plenty of open space facing the sea that would be nice for an evening stroll, saw some people jogging but other than that, there was no one around, which was nice. So ssshhhh, keep this place quiet ok?
No comments:
Post a Comment