November 10, 2008

Saturday Night Fever

On Saturday I found myself feeling much better from my cold but I didn't do myself any favours by over-exerting myself. I spent yesterday paying for it as the sorethroat returned and a cough developed.

After the Botanical Gardens outing, Nick and I drove out for lunch while Nutty napped. Because I was sick, I knew I could bat my eyelids at him and he would give in to any reasonable request I made, hence we found ourselves eating duck porridge at South Buona Vista Road.

I had been wanting to go to Lim Seng Lee for the longest time, I think the last meal there was probably 2-3 years ago when I was at SingTel and I've been thinking about it since! Nick and I are not duck fans but this one I don't mind because the gamey taste of duck is masked by the sauce, plus it's boneless. He still found the taste a little strong though, but I was loving it.


We each had porridge and shared a plate of kangkung. After that he went for the 3pm Novena while I picked up some groceries at Novena Square. Once back home, we fed Nutty and prepared to go out again, this time to Marina where Nick had reserved a watch. Had dinner at Spageddies and Nick didn't buy the watch in the end.

Then it was off to Membina to drop the munchkin off, and pick up the Dopes. A bunch of us were watching the lastest Bond movie 'Quantum of Solace' at Plaza Singapura. There was 11 of us in all - me, Nick, Swana, Kevin, Kavi, Siva, Vim, Ajen, Jay, Bruce and Kumar.

When you get a bunch of mamas together on a Saturday night, how not to adjourn somewhere for drinks? At first we went to Timbre 3 on Mount Sophia, where SHATEC used to be...this brought back memories. But their bar had already closed so we went to the Substation instead.




Lingered till closing time, and when I got home I still washed my hair at 2plus in the morning and watched Liverpool's game till 3.30 am. How to recover like that?

No comments: