February 26, 2009

At last...

June is still ages away and I don't want to get too excited, but a lifelong desire to visit a certain little country looks set to be fulfilled!

Last month, I used Nick's miles to redeem our tickets but we were waitlisted for my 1st choice return date. Not wanting to drag the waitlist, a few weeks ago I confirmed an earlier return date, thinking I could revise the booking later on but when I tried, SQ rejected the change in itinerary - I suspect because the redemption was done on promotional discounted miles.

Resigned to a shortened stay (7 days vs 9), I started enquiring with various hotel properties for rates and planned our itinerary. Yesterday however, I wandered into the SQ site and tried changing our return flights and surprisingly seats for the original return date were available.

After some pleading with Nick, he agreed to extend the trip and before he could change his mind, I changed our booking. An hour ago, I just booked us domestic flights for when we arrive to take advantage of early bird discounts so it's all starting to shape up nicely.

Pinch me, I am finally, finally, finally going here...

Image courtesy of propertybest.gr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you! i wanna go too!!

Anonymous said...

Keep thinking about things that do not belong together. http://www.downuggboots.com The silhouette of a female body graces the area above the door, lit by a neon red sign that reads "ゆ" (Yu). north face sale This is a change from the normal method of etching, where the lines of the design are exposed to acids, and the plate printed by the method of carving. http://www.oneghdhair.com Ms. north face sale I don really know the other mothers on the playground, except on we recognize each other from picking our kids up from Kindergarten terms, and I don really know how to get to know them.