So Nick brought Nat to KK today to get a second opinion on the bump on Nat's face. And the diagnosis wasn't the harmless zit or folliculitis I was expecting. Last week a doctor had told us it was an insect bite and to leave it alone. Today another doctor said it was pilomatrixoma.
What's that you ask? The definition is a slow growing, hard mass under the skin, usually a single nodule and develops from an abnormal formation of cells that are similar to hair cells, which become hardened or calcified. The calcified cells form a mass beneath the skin, and is considered a benign tumour. The word tumour just freaks me out!
The remedy is surgical excision, something I'm hoping we can avoid putting her through, hence we are seeking a 3rd opinion tomorrow from a skin specialist. But if surgery is the only option, then I would rather nip it in the bud now then wait till she's older. I am concerned about scarring etc, since I have a history of keloids in my family but she's young so I hope her skin heals better.
Sigh, my poor munchkin...
Was on half day today, had lunch with Swana, Sherene and Sham at Toa Payoh. Swana and Sham were also on leave so we shopped in town after lunch. That's the 3rd trip to town in 2 days. Was there twice yesterday, first to accompany my CEO's PA shoe-shopping and second to find her a gift.
Yes, the big boss came to town this week and the whole office was a little on edge. Everyone was on their best behaviour, coming punctually and wearing ties etc. I was tasked with co-ordinating his itinerary here and thank goodness all the arrangements went off smoothly.
His PA, Jo brought a little beefeater teddy bear for Nat, so kind of her. I was preggers the last time she was in town and she asks about Nat from time to time. Her boss gave her some time off yesterday to go on a shoe-hunting mission, she has tiny feet, size 34 so she thought shops here would carry more of her size.
Phyllis and I brought her to Wisma for lunch at Din Tai Fung, after which she proceeded to buy 4 pairs of shoes from Pretty Fit and Charles & Keith.

I bought 2 dresses from Forever 21 on impulse, the same dress in 2 different colours without trying! I love scarf prints and couldn't decide which colour, so I took both! Today when I went back, all the dresses had been snapped up!
What's that you ask? The definition is a slow growing, hard mass under the skin, usually a single nodule and develops from an abnormal formation of cells that are similar to hair cells, which become hardened or calcified. The calcified cells form a mass beneath the skin, and is considered a benign tumour. The word tumour just freaks me out!
The remedy is surgical excision, something I'm hoping we can avoid putting her through, hence we are seeking a 3rd opinion tomorrow from a skin specialist. But if surgery is the only option, then I would rather nip it in the bud now then wait till she's older. I am concerned about scarring etc, since I have a history of keloids in my family but she's young so I hope her skin heals better.
Sigh, my poor munchkin...
Was on half day today, had lunch with Swana, Sherene and Sham at Toa Payoh. Swana and Sham were also on leave so we shopped in town after lunch. That's the 3rd trip to town in 2 days. Was there twice yesterday, first to accompany my CEO's PA shoe-shopping and second to find her a gift.
Yes, the big boss came to town this week and the whole office was a little on edge. Everyone was on their best behaviour, coming punctually and wearing ties etc. I was tasked with co-ordinating his itinerary here and thank goodness all the arrangements went off smoothly.
His PA, Jo brought a little beefeater teddy bear for Nat, so kind of her. I was preggers the last time she was in town and she asks about Nat from time to time. Her boss gave her some time off yesterday to go on a shoe-hunting mission, she has tiny feet, size 34 so she thought shops here would carry more of her size.
Phyllis and I brought her to Wisma for lunch at Din Tai Fung, after which she proceeded to buy 4 pairs of shoes from Pretty Fit and Charles & Keith.
I bought 2 dresses from Forever 21 on impulse, the same dress in 2 different colours without trying! I love scarf prints and couldn't decide which colour, so I took both! Today when I went back, all the dresses had been snapped up!
2 comments:
Hey Mita,
I hope things turn out for the best with Natalie, I'm sure they will.
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Jamie, keeping fingers crossed...will see what the doc says the week after
Post a Comment