Natalie is officially 1 today, my little girl has grown so fast. Babies go through the most drastic changes in the first year, from just lying there like a blob to flipping over, lifting their heads, crawling, sitting up and even walking. I'm going to miss those days as Nat progresses to a state of independence.
Nick flew off to KL this morning but returned in time for dinner. I was on leave and made an impromptu visit to The Studio Loft in the morning. Maryann uploaded a Valentine's Special on Facebook yesterday and when I saw that today was the first scheduled walk-in session, I decided to capture Nat's 1st birthday for posterity.
The special was 2 touched-up images for $25 and I made a mental note to get 4 nice shots. But you know how it goes, every photo turns out nice and it ends up being hard to eliminate...so in the end I chose 8 shots for $100. Here's one from each setting...



After the photos, we made our way to Vivo to meet Ma, Swana and Gigi. Swana was on leave too because she purposely scheduled one of Gigi's jabs today. We had an all-girls lunch at Bakerzin, where Nat kept trying to grab my plate.





Lunch was followed by a spot of shopping. I bought Nat some books from Page One and bottoms from Marks & Spencer, and a Forever 21 dress for myself, concealer from MAC and a wallet for Papa's birthday this Saturday.
Surprisingly we didn't cut any cake today, though we still had the top tier of her birthday cake. Everyone was too full after dinner. I made Spaghetti Bolognaise, received compliments that it tasted better than those in some restaurants. It's really simple, but it has to simmer for a while. Have yet to introduce Nat to beef but I froze some blended portions of the bolognaise, minus the salt and herbs of course.
I also made Nat a batch of Chicken & Alphabet Stew to freeze, just boiled cubed potatoes, carrots, celery, peas and onions in homemade chicken stock before adding some tomato puree, shredded chicken and boiled alphabet pasta. Mita Stewart has been busy! By the way, did you know me and Martha share the same birthday?

We bought one of those Yu Sheng sets from Giant and lo hei-ed before dinner, a vegetarian version because we didn't get fish.



Nat got more presents today, Nick bought her a Barney mobile phone from the KL airport, Banu sent an outfit through the mail and Mummy bought her a book. Frances emailed from France asking what to get her and Alicia called from Perth to say she would be sending something via her parents who return this week. So much love, Nat is a really lucky girl!
Gigi turned 5 months today and the poor girl celebrated by getting pricked by a needle! She was so tickled by the balloon we bought Nat earlier, she kept laughing and laughing. She's always looking at Nat to see what she does and Nat looks out for her, it's so sweet to see the two of them together.
Gigi is starting to wriggle a lot more, can't leave her unattended on any high surface. She has been gnawing on her fingers big time, I bet her teeth will appear soon. Swana says she is co-dependent, she cannot be left alone for any amount of time when she's awake, she has to have someone within sight otherwise she throws a fit.
She's never cranky with me though, Aunty Mita has a knack for making her smile. At least I get to relive all the stages Nat has gone through via Gigi. Can't wait till she gets onto solids in a few weeks!
Nick flew off to KL this morning but returned in time for dinner. I was on leave and made an impromptu visit to The Studio Loft in the morning. Maryann uploaded a Valentine's Special on Facebook yesterday and when I saw that today was the first scheduled walk-in session, I decided to capture Nat's 1st birthday for posterity.
The special was 2 touched-up images for $25 and I made a mental note to get 4 nice shots. But you know how it goes, every photo turns out nice and it ends up being hard to eliminate...so in the end I chose 8 shots for $100. Here's one from each setting...



After the photos, we made our way to Vivo to meet Ma, Swana and Gigi. Swana was on leave too because she purposely scheduled one of Gigi's jabs today. We had an all-girls lunch at Bakerzin, where Nat kept trying to grab my plate.
Lunch was followed by a spot of shopping. I bought Nat some books from Page One and bottoms from Marks & Spencer, and a Forever 21 dress for myself, concealer from MAC and a wallet for Papa's birthday this Saturday.
Surprisingly we didn't cut any cake today, though we still had the top tier of her birthday cake. Everyone was too full after dinner. I made Spaghetti Bolognaise, received compliments that it tasted better than those in some restaurants. It's really simple, but it has to simmer for a while. Have yet to introduce Nat to beef but I froze some blended portions of the bolognaise, minus the salt and herbs of course.
I also made Nat a batch of Chicken & Alphabet Stew to freeze, just boiled cubed potatoes, carrots, celery, peas and onions in homemade chicken stock before adding some tomato puree, shredded chicken and boiled alphabet pasta. Mita Stewart has been busy! By the way, did you know me and Martha share the same birthday?
We bought one of those Yu Sheng sets from Giant and lo hei-ed before dinner, a vegetarian version because we didn't get fish.
Nat got more presents today, Nick bought her a Barney mobile phone from the KL airport, Banu sent an outfit through the mail and Mummy bought her a book. Frances emailed from France asking what to get her and Alicia called from Perth to say she would be sending something via her parents who return this week. So much love, Nat is a really lucky girl!
Gigi turned 5 months today and the poor girl celebrated by getting pricked by a needle! She was so tickled by the balloon we bought Nat earlier, she kept laughing and laughing. She's always looking at Nat to see what she does and Nat looks out for her, it's so sweet to see the two of them together.
Gigi is starting to wriggle a lot more, can't leave her unattended on any high surface. She has been gnawing on her fingers big time, I bet her teeth will appear soon. Swana says she is co-dependent, she cannot be left alone for any amount of time when she's awake, she has to have someone within sight otherwise she throws a fit.
She's never cranky with me though, Aunty Mita has a knack for making her smile. At least I get to relive all the stages Nat has gone through via Gigi. Can't wait till she gets onto solids in a few weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment